Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary Clinic in Co. Donegal??

Options
  • 03-11-2010 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi everyone,
    wasn't sure where to post this but figured people with animals would be most lkely to know!
    I'm in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal and studying Veterinary Nursing. We are due to start our third placement in a few weeks and are responsible for finding the clinics to take us on.
    My problem is that we've been told we have to find NEW practices that noone has been to yet. This is fine for the other students as they are from all over the country and can find somewhere in the country without bother.
    However, I live here with my child and can't up and leave to go somewhere else. All of the common, well known clinics such as doneagl animall hospital and Animal Health Centre have already been used so my question is does anyone know a new or maybe less well known small practice I could try? I'm willing to drive up to 30mins but would really not be able to go any more. We can't use places in northern ireland and large animal practices and equine practices are acceptable as long as there is a Vet working there.
    If anyone could help me I would be soooo grateful!
    Thank you in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

When you say no one can have been there before can you clarify a bit what this means? From the current students on your course? no students ever?

Susan Roulston - Small Animal Vet, Newtowncunningham

Rhona McKenzie - Equine Vet, Raphoe (works on her own, covers 3 counties)

Have contact no's for both if you need them

(These are the vets I use)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Zara23

Thanks! Sorry I meant no clinics that anyone in the course has ever been to, including the other years- which doesn't leave very many! I know someone has been to Susan but havn't heard of Rhona McKenzie. Looked her up there and looks good, but have to ask my lecturer if she's registered to take students. So complicated! Thanks so much- any other ideas welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Talk the Talker

What about Heidi in Ramelton Vets? Don't know official name but they are lovely.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Zara23 wrote: »
    - any other ideas welcome!

Also try posting in the Donegal Forum - it's under region

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Talk the Talker

That's a good idea. There are 2 vets in Milford - the one just outside the town would be good too, don't know even if they are still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 EquineHannah

hi :) I would definately recommend Seaview Veterinary Clinic in Ballyshannon, might be a bit far away for you but Im hoping to train in veterinary medicine when I leave school and I did work exp with Ulrike and her team and they're fantastic, very professional and really dead on.
    Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭dvet

Zara23 wrote: »
    We are due to start our third placement in a few weeks and are responsible for finding the clinics to take us on.
    My problem is that we've been told we have to find NEW practices that noone has been to yet.

Sorry, don't know any practices in Donegal for you!

But just wondering if they've given ye any reason for this rule? It's a bit mad!!

Old thread ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭dvet

Oh yeah!! Blonde moment!! (and I'm not even blonde) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

hi :) I would definately recommend Seaview Veterinary Clinic in Ballyshannon, might be a bit far away for you but Im hoping to train in veterinary medicine when I leave school and I did work exp with Ulrike and her team and they're fantastic, very professional and really dead on.
    Hope this helps

A few people have already been there. ;) I agree lovely people.
    Old thread ;)

Not that old, don't know if OP is a 2nd or 3rd year but both aren't out on placement until after xmas. OP did you get sorted?

• Advertisement
Advertisement