Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Commissioner Fachtna Murphy to Retire

Options
  • 03-11-2010 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi All, Monitoring boards.ie with years, just joined.

From RTE.ie:

Garda Commissioner Fachtna Murphy has announced that he is to retire at the end of the year after three years as head of the force.
    He made the announcement at the end of a two-day garda management conference in Templemore this afternoon.
    A native of Timoleague in Co Cork, Fachtna Murphy has served in the gardaí for 43 years in every rank and senior position before he was appointed Commissioner in 2007.
    He was the first head of the Criminal Assets Bureau when it was set up in 1996 following the murders of the journalist Veronica Guerin and Detective Garda Gerry McCabe.
    He retires on 31 December.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1103/murphyf.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Rumour has is it that Deadwood has his eye on the new vacancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I've been researching Fachtna Murphy recently for a project and he is some man for one man. He possesses every trait and characteristic I aspire to one day hopefully hold.

He will be a massive loss to An Garda Siochana and I wish him the very best.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I wish him well also. :)

I suppose he's getting out before more things are cut in the budget.

Advertisement