Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for college a year ahead ??

Options
  • 03-11-2010 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I want to go Edinburgh to study since I screwed myself over with college options by having no language . Moneys a bit of an issue though but I was on Ucas filling out an application and it asked if I would be starting in 2011 or 2012 which made me wonder if its possible to already apply for 2012 ? That way if I got my results and was accepted early I could spend the year working and saving money for Scotland .:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The 2012 option is intended for those taking the deferred entry route (i.e. will have their grades by next Summer and then will be taking a year out). I'm not sure from what you said if you're sitting exams in early 2011 or early 2012?

I'd double check with UCAS but that's always been my understanding of the option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 patrica

I will be doing my Leaving Cert this June . Thanks for your help

Advertisement