Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

joining garda siochana at 17?

• 03-11-2010 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

well I plan on being a garda when i finish my leaving cert(which i am in now)..the problem is that i won't be 18 until december of next year.Is there any way I can join at this age or do i have to wait an extra year?:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 isha_doyle

Well i'm planning on being a garda but live in galway..if I was quick it would only take me an hour to drive to the college(templemore).Would i still be able to live in Galway and drive down every day or would i have to stay in accommodation with the college?

also,If i could do this i would need money for insurance.Do trainees get wages as soon as the join the college,and if so,how much?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've merged your two threads.

I'm afraid the Help Desk is only for posters experiencing problems with the site or for querying moderator decisions. Other posters can't reply to you here. However, if you post over on the Garda Recruitment forum, I'm sure someone there will be able to answer your questions.

Advertisement