Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Britan

Options
  • 03-11-2010 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭

Never posted in here before and am not one for CT's but this is on the actual webpage of the house of lords in the UK. This is real and the member doesn't seem like a nutjob and has a very good business pedigree. Relenevat paragraphs are 1538 onwards on 01/11/2010 Whos behind this and why? Is it the Vatican, The Illuminatti...who else would have access to this sort of cash. Could it be the final throw of the dice for one of the cash rich Oil states to get a foothold?

Could some one have found a few quid behind the couch? Opinions welcome.

http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/ld201011/ldhansrd/text/101101-0003.htm#10110215000101

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

OP can you highlight the relevent bits ,it's very long

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Very interesting dialogue, but it seems like the guy talking about 'Foundation X' is rambling a bit and not really saying anything of substance.

Are there any more references to this from the media?

here's a video - http://news.bbc.co.uk/democracylive/hi/house_of_lords/newsid_9146000/9146065.stm

he starts talking at 2h 34m in

Very interesting dialogue, but it seems like the guy talking about 'Foundation X' is rambling a bit and not really saying anything of substance.

Are there any more references to this from the media?

Tory peer hints at shadowy 'Foundation X', admits to IRA money laundering

Here's a question: if a respected Tory fixer and peer carefully detailed an enormous and far-reaching conspiracy, what would the reaction of the public be?

That's what seems to have happened on Monday in the House of Lords, anyway: read from column 1538 in Hansard, the official record of such things. In that transcript, Lord James of Blackheath spells out how a shadowy 'Foundation X' offered to pay off the government's multi-billion-pound debts, with no strings attached. He goes into how he personally (and, apparently, proudly) laundered more than £1bn in IRA funds:

Foundation X was introduced to me 20 weeks ago last week by an eminent City firm, which is FSA controlled. Its chairman came to me and said, "We have this extraordinary request to assist in a major financial reconstruction. It is megabucks, but we need your help to assist us in understanding whether this business is legitimate". I had the biggest put down of my life from my noble friend Lord Strathclyde when I told him this story.

He said, "Why you? You're not important enough to have the answer to a question like that". He is quite right, I am not important enough, but the answer to the next question was, "You haven't got the experience for it". Yes I do. I have had one of the biggest experiences in the laundering of terrorist money and funny money that anyone has had in the City. I have handled billions of pounds of terrorist money.

My biggest terrorist client was the IRA and I am pleased to say that I managed to write off more than £1 billion of its money. I have also had extensive connections with north African terrorists, but that was of a far nastier nature, and I do not want to talk about that because it is still a security issue.

Incredibly, when Lord James sat down after his 15-minute speech, the Lords seems to have carried on with their proceedings as if nothing odd had been said. Almost no mainstream-media coverage has been given to the incident, barring an amused FT blog.

Far be it from me to theorise as to the provenance of what the noble peer said on Monday, but isn't it strange how, in the face of such astonishing claims, the collective reaction is 'well how about that then'? This is either genuinely explosive stuff, or the mother of all 419 scams...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Maybe these guys are behind it : http://www.unoitc.org/

O course the logo is triangle-tastic. A wet dream for the illumaniti hunter:rolleyes:

http://www.funfactory.spruz.com/forums/?page=post&id=3CF707B3-F806-4A2D-9859-4F6B04CE54D2&fid=F8C39420-9DEF-4036-AB93-FBF8A5E60A5C

studiorat wrote: »

O course the logo is triangle-tastic. A wet dream for the illumaniti hunter:rolleyes:

Do you have reason to believe that they are behind it?

Can there not just be one thread in which the childish sarcasm is left at the door btw? It's an interesting topic would you not agree? And odd that such a respected Peer would formally speak about such a thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

studiorat wrote: »

http://www.funfactory.spruz.com/forums/?page=post&id=3CF707B3-F806-4A2D-9859-4F6B04CE54D2&fid=F8C39420-9DEF-4036-AB93-FBF8A5E60A5C
    As My Name Is Url says, can you not give it a rest for just one little thread? Read what was said and try and have a serious reply about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

Very, Very interesting, from the horses mouth aswell.
    £5 Billion backed with gold, my guess Knights Templar or their modern name Freemasons?, but thats just a guess.

Whoever they are they are very powerful, only heads of state may contact them.

The £1 billion he laundered for the IRA seems irrelevent.

It's quite possible that he was simply the target of a sophisticated scam attempt. The group that studiorat mentioned are notable for being involved in such apparent high-level scams, and claim ties to the UN and various other groups. They're certainly a shadowy bunch - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_International_Treasury_Control

Whatever it is, it should be taken seriously. And I'm surprised that it was just dropped in the House of Lords after James finished speaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

humanji wrote: »
    As My Name Is Url says, can you not give it a rest for just one little thread? Read what was said and try and have a serious reply about it.

Well humanji, I had expected better from you. If you actually did read any of the content of either link and didn't just look at the little triangles. You would realize the connection. But I guess you didn't make it past the illumaniti symbolism either!

So I suppose I'll have to give it in simple terms : The OITC is an "international institution registered under the United Nations with "substantial assets" under it's control. It claims it was established by "Governments of the World of Legal Decadency"

I dunno it kind of fits their MO.

They tried to bank roll Fiji and Ecuador offering them a couple of billion they declined.

And my favorite, they claim to be a “Sovereign Entity” stating that they are "effectively no different to a Sovereign Nation except for the fact that a Sovereign Entity holds “Sovereign” status without subjects".

All their accounts are kept secret and only those who hold the relevant "International Security Clearance level" can have access to these accounts.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4681369.stm
    UK businessman David James' consortium has been confirmed as the third party in talks with MG Rover administrators.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/789126d8-e383-11d9-b6f0-00000e2511c8,Authorised=false.html?_i_location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ft.com%2Fcms%2Fs%2F0%2F789126d8-e383-11d9-b6f0-00000e2511c8.html&_i_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FOffice_of_International_Treasury_Control
    Sellers of companies don't often get paid by postal order. But the accountants running failed carmaker MG Rover are now owners of one for £1, courtesy of a group calling itself the "Office of International Treasury Control".

• Advertisement

It's quite the most extraordinary speech I think I've ever come across. It was given by Lord James of Blackheath, a respected industrialist and a former senior adviser to the Conservative party.

James was speaking in the Lords debate on the spending review. You might expect him to touch on the issue of government waste, which he is known for politically. Not a bit of it.

James's speech begins with Brigadoon, moves on to money laundering billions of pounds of terrorist money and ends with the claim that he has been contacted about a mysterious "Foundation X" that wishes to invest £5bn in the United Kingdom, with an extra £17bn for hospitals, schools and Crossrail by Christmas, and who have met with a cabinet minister to discuss their investment. Intriguing, isn't it?

So here's the skinny.

As an expert in the laundering of terrorist finance and funny money who has "handled billions of pounds of terrorist money", James claims he was asked by a leading FSA regulated institution to investigate a mysterious organisation that wanted to invest substantial sums into the UK's economic reconstruction.

This body, which he calls "Foundation X", apparently has huge reserves of gold bullion-backed funds. On some estimates, these funds amount to more than the entire gold bullion mined from the earth. With such great wealth, Foundation X is understandably secretive and only wishes to discuss the disbursement of its funds with a head of state or one of the "top six people in the world". So for 20 weeks, James investigated the foundation. He came to the conclusion that "Foundation X is completely genuine and sincere and that it directly wishes to make the United Kingdom one of the principal points that it will use to disseminate its extraordinarily great wealth into the world".

Having come to this conclusion, James wished to expedite this investment. So he secured a meeting for representatives of Foundation X with the leader of the House of Lords, Lord Strathclyde. This was held some weeks ago and was, at best, inconclusive. Since then, James has discussed Foundation X in detail with Treasury ministers and now believes the government is dragging its heels and missing a major opportunity to drive forward the UK economy.

Now, you might think this is all barmy. After all, mystery foundations with vast quantities of gold bullion-backed securities to invest in the British economy don't come along every day. It's tempting to think that James has been the victim of a particularly convincing Nigerian email scam.

But if it is madness, it is madness that has reached the highest levels of government.

After all, not only have members of Foundation X met with the leader of the House of Lords, the Treasury minister, Lord Sassoon, confirmed that he has been in "detailed discussions" on this subject with James, adding that the government "take seriously anyone who wants to invest in our economy".

So what on earth is going on? One thing is for sure.

The truth is out there.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/nov/03/strange-case-lord-james-foundation-x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

If it really is the Office of International Treasury Control then there's going to be a hell of a lot of red faces in the House of Lords. :D

To me this is an admission that secretive groups control a lot of what goes on in the world.From terrorism to collapsing economies and equally driving economies.I don't want to go off topic here ,but zimbabwae tried to break away from these outside influences and their economy was destroyed.The Rothschilds set up a bank in zimbabwae some years back and maybe this was setup to influence, monitor and destroy that particular economy.This foundation X must be surely tied to the biggest banking dynasty in history.There is a list of banks which the Rothschilds allegedly contol.

The Alleged Rothschild-Owned Central Banks of the World (Alphabetical Order)

Bank For International Settlements (BIS)
    Afghanistan: Bank of Afghanistan
    Albania: Bank of Albania
    Algeria: Bank of Algeria
    Argentina: Central Bank of Argentina
    Armenia: Central Bank of Armenia
    Aruba: Central Bank of Aruba
    Australia: Reserve Bank of Australia
    Austria: Austrian National Bank
    Azerbaijan: Central Bank of Azerbaijan Republic
    Bahamas: Central Bank of The Bahamas
    Bahrain: Central Bank of Bahrain
    Bangladesh: Bangladesh Bank
    Barbados: Central Bank of Barbados
    Belarus: National Bank of the Republic of Belarus
    Belgium: National Bank of Belgium
    Belize: Central Bank of Belize
    Benin: Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO)
    Bermuda: Bermuda Monetary Authority
    Bhutan: Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan
    Bolivia: Central Bank of Bolivia
    Bosnia: Central Bank of Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Botswana: Bank of Botswana
    Brazil: Central Bank of Brazil
    Bulgaria: Bulgarian National Bank
    Burkina Faso: Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO)
    Burundi: Bank of the Republic of Burundi
    Cambodia: National Bank of Cambodia
    Cameroon: Bank of Central African States
    Canada: Bank of Canada – Banque du Canada
    Cayman Islands: Cayman Islands Monetary Authority
    Central African Republic: Bank of Central African States
    Chad: Bank of Central African States
    Chile: Central Bank of Chile
    China: The People’s Bank of China
    Colombia: Bank of the Republic
    Comoros: Central Bank of Comoros
    Congo: Bank of Central African States
    Costa Rica: Central Bank of Costa Rica
    Côte d’Ivoire: Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO)
    Croatia: Croatian National Bank
    Cuba: Central Bank of Cuba
    Cyprus: Central Bank of Cyprus
    Czech Republic: Czech National Bank
    Denmark: National Bank of Denmark
    Dominican Republic: Central Bank of the Dominican Republic
    East Caribbean area: Eastern Caribbean Central Bank
    Ecuador: Central Bank of Ecuador
    Egypt: Central Bank of Egypt
    El Salvador: Central Reserve Bank of El Salvador
    Equatorial Guinea: Bank of Central African States
    Estonia: Bank of Estonia
    Ethiopia: National Bank of Ethiopia
    European Union: European Central Bank
    Fiji: Reserve Bank of Fiji
    Finland: Bank of Finland
    France: Bank of France
    Gabon: Bank of Central African States
    The Gambia: Central Bank of The Gambia
    Georgia: National Bank of Georgia
    Germany: Deutsche Bundesbank
    Ghana: Bank of Ghana
    Greece: Bank of Greece
    Guatemala: Bank of Guatemala
    Guinea Bissau: Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO)
    Guyana: Bank of Guyana
    Haiti: Central Bank of Haiti
    Honduras: Central Bank of Honduras
    Hong Kong: Hong Kong Monetary Authority
    Hungary: Magyar Nemzeti Bank
    Iceland: Central Bank of Iceland
    India: Reserve Bank of India
    Indonesia: Bank Indonesia
    Iran: The Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran
    Iraq: Central Bank of Iraq
    Ireland: Central Bank and Financial Services Authority of Ireland
    Israel: Bank of Israel
    Italy: Bank of Italy
    Jamaica: Bank of Jamaica
    Japan: Bank of Japan
    Jordan: Central Bank of Jordan
    Kazakhstan: National Bank of Kazakhstan
    Kenya: Central Bank of Kenya
    Korea: Bank of Korea
    Kuwait: Central Bank of Kuwait
    Kyrgyzstan: National Bank of the Kyrgyz Republic
    Latvia: Bank of Latvia
    Lebanon: Central Bank of Lebanon
    Lesotho: Central Bank of Lesotho
    Libya: Central Bank of Libya
    Lithuania: Bank of Lithuania
    Luxembourg: Central Bank of Luxembourg
    Macao: Monetary Authority of Macao
    Macedonia: National Bank of the Republic of Macedonia
    Madagascar: Central Bank of Madagascar
    Malawi: Reserve Bank of Malawi
    Malaysia: Central Bank of Malaysia
    Mali: Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO)
    Malta: Central Bank of Malta
    Mauritius: Bank of Mauritius
    Mexico: Bank of Mexico
    Moldova: National Bank of Moldova
    Mongolia: Bank of Mongolia
    Montenegro: Central Bank of Montenegro
    Morocco: Bank of Morocco
    Mozambique: Bank of Mozambique
    Namibia: Bank of Namibia
    Nepal: Central Bank of Nepal
    Netherlands: Netherlands Bank
    Netherlands Antilles: Bank of the Netherlands Antilles
    New Zealand: Reserve Bank of New Zealand
    Nicaragua: Central Bank of Nicaragua
    Niger: Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO)
    Nigeria: Central Bank of Nigeria
    Norway: Central Bank of Norway
    Oman: Central Bank of Oman
    Pakistan: State Bank of Pakistan
    Papua New Guinea: Bank of Papua New Guinea
    Paraguay: Central Bank of Paraguay
    Peru: Central Reserve Bank of Peru
    Philippines: Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas
    Poland: National Bank of Poland
    Portugal: Bank of Portugal
    Qatar: Qatar Central Bank
    Romania: National Bank of Romania
    Russia: Central Bank of Russia
    Rwanda: National Bank of Rwanda
    San Marino: Central Bank of the Republic of San Marino
    Samoa: Central Bank of Samoa
    Saudi Arabia: Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency
    Senegal: Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO)
    Serbia: National Bank of Serbia
    Seychelles: Central Bank of Seychelles
    Sierra Leone: Bank of Sierra Leone
    Singapore: Monetary Authority of Singapore
    Slovakia: National Bank of Slovakia
    Slovenia: Bank of Slovenia
    Solomon Islands: Central Bank of Solomon Islands
    South Africa: South African Reserve Bank
    Spain: Bank of Spain
    Sri Lanka: Central Bank of Sri Lanka
    Sudan: Bank of Sudan
    Surinam: Central Bank of Suriname
    Swaziland: The Central Bank of Swaziland
    Sweden: Sveriges Riksbank
    Switzerland: Swiss National Bank
    Tajikistan: National Bank of Tajikistan
    Tanzania: Bank of Tanzania
    Thailand: Bank of Thailand
    Togo: Central Bank of West African States (BCEAO)
    Tonga: National Reserve Bank of Tonga
    Trinidad and Tobago: Central Bank of Trinidad and Tobago
    Tunisia: Central Bank of Tunisia
    Turkey: Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey
    Uganda: Bank of Uganda
    Ukraine: National Bank of Ukraine
    United Arab Emirates: Central Bank of United Arab Emirates
    United Kingdom: Bank of England
    United States:Federal Reserve Bank of New York
    Uruguay: Central Bank of Uruguay
    Vanuatu: Reserve Bank of Vanuatu
    Venezuela: Central Bank of Venezuela
    Vietnam: The State Bank of Vietnam
    Yemen: Central Bank of Yemen
    Zambia: Bank of Zambia
    Zimbabwe: Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe.

Now if this could be true ,you could crash economies at will ,create terrorist threats at will and control leaders of countries to bring in policies that you want..thus creating the world that you want..

Is there any info on the people behind the OITC? It seems like quite an elaborate hoax.. if they have people attending high-level meetings and the like then they obviously have some degree of proper organisation. It's bizarre stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

Hopi Sen's follow up to guardian blogpost on his personal blog.

United Nations Office of International Treasury Control main suspects here also.

http://hopisen.wordpress.com/2010/11/03/have-we-uncovered-foundation-x/#comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

To me this is an admission that secretive groups control a lot of what goes on in the world.From terrorism to collapsing economies and equally driving economies.I don't want to go off topic here ,but zimbabwae tried to break away from these outside influences and their economy was destroyed.
    Or maybe Mugabe was just a ****ing nutjob?
    Is there any info on the people behind the OITC? It seems like quite an elaborate hoax.. if they have people attending high-level meetings and the like then they obviously have some degree of proper organisation. It's bizarre stuff altogether.
    Indeed it is but their track record speaks for itself. Odd that they'd offer the British government the exact same amount they were willing to buy MG Rover with too. ;)

gizmo wrote: »
    Or maybe Mugabe was just a ****ing nut job

I totally agree ,he was a nut job but he blamed outside influences from the west for that.But then again thats what all these nutters claim ,you cannot take his word as the truth ,you see it time and time again ,that people say that such and such from a broke country said Americans or the west was responsable for their own mismanagement of government..

But then again;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

apologies havent had time to review the whole of the op...

But just reading comments here, surely 5billion is really not a lot of money.. huge reserves of gold wouldnt be needed.. even the additional 17billion is not a lot of money for certain people....

it would hardly buy Britain or even a portion of it..
    could be a few investors, know britain could do with a few quid so they could offer them money and get bonds or something similiar in return to get their money back at a later stage plus interest....

lets face it it would be better than putting money in banks.. if banks go bust u loose your money... at least with a country u will get ur money back, a near risk free investment......

gizmo wrote: »
    Or maybe Mugabe was just a ****ing nutjob?

Indeed it is but their track record speaks for itself. Odd that they'd offer the British government the exact same amount they were willing to buy MG Rover with too. ;)

Aye, doubt it's a merely coincidental. The link between James and the OITC is also enough to raise eyebrows, given that they made up 2 of the 3 competing bids when MG was being sold.

What are the bets that it will all just be swept aside as an unfortunate mix-up?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

The Alleged Rothschild-Owned Central Banks of the World (Alphabetical Order)

Maybe its just me, but that looks like a list of all the world's central banks. Who's alleging that the Rothscilds own every single central bank? What basis do these allegations have?

• Advertisement

bonkey wrote: »
    Maybe its just me, but that looks like a list of all the world's central banks. Who's alleging that the Rothscilds own every single central bank? What basis do these allegations have?

Is there any definitive and verifiable source that lists the countries in which they do hold a certain degree of clout within banking sectors? I'd genuinely be interested in seeing that. I've heard a few times in the past that there are only a handful of countries which don't have their banks controlled to some degree by Rothschilds. All of which have historically endured major struggles on a world stage.

bonkey wrote: »

I cannot find any list on any official website with all those banks named ,only a list of offices from their own site

here

Here's the video for anybody who didn't see it, very strange, even if it is a scam, he's still admitted laundering £1 billion of IRA money, TBH I'm still trying to get my head around this.

Tory peer hints at shadowy 'Foundation X', admits to IRA money laundering
    http://www.zdnet.co.uk/blogs/communication-breakdown-10000030/tory-peer-hints-at-shadowy-foundation-x-admits-to-ira-money-laundering-10020941/

I'm willing to assume that when he mentioned the laundering of IRA money that he was attempting to allude to the fact that he was responsible for simply writing off the money which they themselves were laundering. Doubt that the way he said it was anything more than a slip of the tongue which seems to have intrigued a greater audience than the fact that meetings took place between himself, the head of the UK's Treasury and whoever the hell it is that was representing The X Men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

This has to be the most surreal video I've ever seen to do with a government.I'm lost for words. Thanks for posting this op.
    The Rothschilds must be the x, as they own a sh!tload of gold.

Trillions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

It is certainly very interesting

I am sure this type of thing goes on all the time but for it to happen in such a public way is a bit bizarre

The money mentioned isn't massive in the grand scheme of things, certainly not enough to buy Britain but as mentioned above it would be a risk free investment so would make sense for someone to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

It is certainly very interesting

I am sure this type of thing goes on all the time but for it to happen in such a public way is a bit bizarre

The money mentioned isn't massive in the grand scheme of things, certainly not enough to buy Britain but as mentioned above it would be a risk free investment so would make sense for someone to do it

I think the implications are quite clear though. This is the deposit the rest will come as soon as we start talking. The more I think of it the more I think this is really old money...The Vatican are the front runners for me. I know they have there own bank but as has been mentioned this seems like a safe bet as the UK are hardly likely to default.

TheBlock wrote: »
    I think the implications are quite clear though. This is the deposit the rest will come as soon as we start talking. The more I think of it the more I think this is really old money...The Vatican are the front runners for me. I know they have there own bank but as has been mentioned this seems like a safe bet as the UK are hardly likely to default.

Very bizzare stuff.I get the feeling that Lord Strathclyde my just commit "suicide" before he blabs anymore.I would say these wealthy people and their influence is well known among the house of lords ,and there is probably an unwritten rule that you do not reveal the true nature of things to the public.

Seems its not UNOITC!
    Lord James: Foundation X not a scam
    "I'm convinced it's bona fide," said James. "I've been working on this case for five months, and I've not found a single reason [to think otherwise]."

Blogger Hopi Sen suggested in a blog post on Wednesday that the mysterious organisation could be the "United Nations Office of International Treasury Control" (UNOITC), which claims to be a sovereign entity formed after the Second World War.

James told ZDNet UK that he had not been approached by the UNOITC, and that there were no links between Foundation X and UNOITC.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

The family of Lord Sassoon, the treasury secretary is intermarried with the Rothschild family. The whole thing is surreal, these cnuts in the house of Lords are the elite. I find it hard to believe that there could be this incredible gold bullion hidden stash and a Sassoon/Rothschild Lord didn't know about it.

Gives a motive for an engineered global depression though.

Surprised nobody else picked up on this. The part in bold was left out of the OP.
    Lord James of Blackheath: Not into my pocket. My biggest terrorist client was the IRA and I am pleased to say that I managed to write off more than £1 billion of its money. I have also had extensive connections with north African terrorists, but that was of a far nastier nature, and I do not want to talk about that because it is still a security issue. I hasten to add that it is no good getting the police in, because I shall immediately call the Bank of England as my defence witness, given that it put me in to deal with these problems.

If people don't know about the Rothschilds- Taken from The Money Masters

Advertisement