Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Watch hulu etc in ireland

Options
  • 03-11-2010 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

So for the last 3 months ive been using vpns to access hulu(usa), iplayer(uk) and some other legal online streaming sites. The problem is these sites are country specific. Unless you have access to a vpn. Usually expensive and slow. But i have finally found the cream of the crop.

Overplay
    $10 amonth. Unlimited data. 12 countries of servers + multiple servers for each country.

Try their client with the free us server(slower than normal paid servers).

It works really well and i have yet to have an issue with it. also pandora.com is THE BEST creation EVER.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭sfag31

allways curious to hear of first hand experience.

I've tried witopia recently and it works fine with bbci player and hulu. Its about $59 a year.
    Cheapest for the UK only is onspeed at £25 a year - works very well indeed.

Do you know any that work with the iphone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nathaniell

I think 12vpn works great. I'm not in Ireland - I'm in China, but I think you should get even better results there. They've got a plan for 50 USD for a year which has American only IP's (to watch Hulu). Cheap enough I think. Here's an article on Hulu in Ireland anyway.

http://www.streetarticles.com/news-and-society/watch-hulu-in-ireland

Good luck! I was in Ireland last summer with a couple a buddies. Beautiful place!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Hulu is sh*t ... the Ads are almost as long as the shows.

Pandora is good ... but it and lastfm almost offer the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nathaniell

Last FM cut me off after a few songs, Pandora is much better from a design and speed perspective, but lastFM has way more music, and they dig deeper. I don't know how many snoop songs they play on the rap station I created.

Hulu's adverts aren't that bad I think. I mean, for free users it's a steal. I think paid versions also have adverts, but you get access to more TV. Anway, Hulu adverts beat TV adverts hands down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,209 ✭✭✭keithclancy

Nathaniell wrote: »
    Last FM cut me off after a few songs, Pandora is much better from a design and speed perspective, but lastFM has way more music, and they dig deeper. I don't know how many snoop songs they play on the rap station I created.

Hulu's adverts aren't that bad I think. I mean, for free users it's a steal. I think paid versions also have adverts, but you get access to more TV. Anway, Hulu adverts beat TV adverts hands down.

"The following program is brought to you with limited commerical interuption by Hemorax, for fast effective relief"

Every 5 minutes theres then an video of people finding it hard to sit down.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Check out Netflix, €7 per month for unlimited films. There's actually been a huge drop in bittorrent since Netflix took off
    http://torrentfreak.com/netflix-is-killing-bittorrent-in-the-us-110427/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

how do you go about signing up and paying for netflix though?

how do you go about signing up and paying for netflix though?

You need a USA vpn like the Overplay one posted in the first post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

i understand using overplay for streaming but what about signing up for netflix over here when you dont have a us credit card or address. Is there any guide as to how you go about it?

i understand using overplay for streaming but what about signing up for netflix over here when you dont have a us credit card or address. Is there any guide as to how you go about it?

Just use a USA address, I used my Irish Visa debit to sign up to the trial then canceled before the month was up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bibinjames

The best way to get hulu or us netflix is through UnoTelly. It's fast simple and has more channel support. I've used it for netflix,hulu,amazone video,lovefilm and never had a problem.You can try it for free.
    Worth a try. Link is http://www.unotelly.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

I use us unblock, under €4 a month, choice of servers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭pug_

For Hulu and Pandora you could install the Media Hint plugin for Firefox or chrome. It's free and it works really well.

I installed it a couple of weeks ago and I'm sick of all the commercials in Hulu already, Pandora is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

pug_ wrote: »
    For Hulu and Pandora you could install the Media Hint plugin for Firefox or chrome. It's free and it works really well.

I installed it a couple of weeks ago and I'm sick of all the commercials in Hulu already, Pandora is great though.

Old thread i know but i have the chrome plug in called hola, works a treat and its free too but what payment method to use for lovefilm or hulu anyone,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

Try http://www.IrishTelevision.info an overplay reseller. Starts off at $4.95 a month. Ip addresses of 50 countries included in that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Just subscribed. Absolutley brilliant! Works perfect - very simple and user friendly!
    I loved that you don't need to install something to your PC - just dns address change thats all.
    Vote nr.1 to Overplay!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Anyone know if this works with a smart Tv app for netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I saw this recommended in another thread

http://www.trickbyte.com/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Thanks for this OP.

Advertisement