Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of Liberty

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

your opinion is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

macshadow wrote: »
    This is a must watch!

Noticed that this video had been posted to the NIA website last night. It's 1hr 15mins long so will watch it later this evening.

Info on NIA
    The National Inflation Association is an organization that is dedicated to preparing Americans for hyperinflation and helping Americans not only survive, but prosper in the upcoming hyperinflationary crisis.

Info on video
    'End of Liberty' was made possible by thousands of NIA members who submitted their warning signs that a societal collapse is near. Each of these warning signs on their own may not have a lot of meaning, but together they paint a complete picture of America's dismal future. NIA believes 'End of Liberty' is a must see for all Americans who want to survive the upcoming currency crisis and collapse of civilization that will occur as a result of hyperinflation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

Wish I was an american......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

digme wrote: »
    Wish I was an american......

Why?? You overweight, love the sound of your own voice, like invading soverign independant countries??

Be glad you're not American.

Faith+1 wrote: »
    Why?? You overweight, love the sound of your own voice, like invading soverign independant countries??

A sweeping generalization of 310 million people in one 14 word sentence.
    Go You !! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I didn't flunk out of Crown Industrial Med school for nothing. 310 Million people are now in the states? Holy crap it was only 250 million less than 20 years ago....

Guess America really is screwed so...

Faith+1 wrote: »

What about Irish liberty? :o

Got around to watching that video this afternoon. I'd be lying if i said i watched it with an open mind, but after reading the website of the guys who made it, NIA, i had a fair idea what was going on.

Anyway, just to be sure i signed up for their newsletter.
    Welcome!
    We're pleased to have you as a member of National Inflation Association!

The National Inflation Association is an organization that is dedicated to preparing Americans for hyperinflation and helping Americans not only survive, but prosper in the upcoming hyperinflationary crisis.

The next two paragraphs go through the horrors that will befall the US economy. And then the part i was expecting.
    Our goal is to help as many Americans as possible become aware of the disaster we are rapidly approaching. In our opinion, the wealth of most Americans could get wiped out during the next decade, but it will be an opportunity for a small percentage of Americans to become wealthy by investing into companies that historically have prospered in an inflationary environment, such as Gold and Silver miners and Agriculture producers.

It's basically all part of a share tipping scam. The guy who wrote the narrative for that video, Jonathan Lebed, is notorious for these scams.
    He buys shares in a company, then sends out e-mails telling people what a great investment they are. As people start buying the shares the price shoots up. Lebed then sells, making himself a tidy profit. Simple enough scam, but highly illegal.

A couple of journalists at the Mirror got caught doing this in 2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Gold & silver prices is pluged a lot in this, not real seeds or other things of worth, just metals :/. anyone think that theres something up with the gold and silver pluging in a lot over Doom videos ?

Mostly as those people are clued in, while the rest of the idiots are watching x factor.
    Gold and silver is going through the roof and will do for another few years,paper money is sh!te

• Advertisement

Gold is only worth a value that people put on it because it looks good.
    give me a reason why gold should be worth more then a good strong bar of steel.
    or a useful log u can burn.

gold can't keep you warm at night, it can't directly feed you.
    what if currencys do die, what if you need a brick of gold for a loaf of bread.
    My point is, it could be just as worthless as paper.

would't a better investment be a few bits of farms, a shotgun and a celler full of good seeds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Flaregon wrote: »
    Gold is only worth a value that people put on it because it looks good.
    give me a reason why gold should be worth more then a good strong bar of steel.
    or a useful log u can burn.

gold can't keep you warm at night, it can't directly feed you.
    what if currencys do die, what if you need a brick of gold for a loaf of bread.
    My point is, it could be just as worthless as paper.

would't a better investment be a few bits of farms, a shotgun and a celler full of good seeds ?

Gold is rare which gives it value. It's basic supply/demand economics. All the gold ever refined would fit into 3 Olympic sized pools. Gold is also extremely conductive and is used widely in industry to coat wires, electronic circuit boards etc. It is also incredibly malleable. It can be beaten so thin without cracking that light can pass through it which is why gold foil is so desirable. It also never loses it's lustre, it won't rust or fade or lose it's sheen.

Not to mention unlike all other metals which are silvery/silvery-white it has unique chemical properties which give it it's colour. Overall it is a rare metal with some incredible and unique characteristics.

Couldn't of said it better myself nicely put.

digme wrote: »
    Couldn't of said it better myself nicely put.

I've know that since I started trading in online worlds.

You dream of an epicly expencive sword

you buy a rare hat for 5 gold sell it for 10.
    you get 50g you think to yourself, it fakes its a game, so lets add more risk.
    So you buy a rarer pair of boots worth 50 gold you invest till you have 500gold, then you think to yourself yet again, I can get the that sword, use it and be once of the richest & most powerful player in the game, but greed tell you no, you must trade your sword and earn more gold to get more..... always more.......... its a small look at what the world basicly is, a set of trades builted on some speculators will's and whimsys.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

will watch the Video later tonight.

I always maintain that its What you Know that will ultimatley make the difference to how you survive an Economic meltdown, those people with Gold may be able to barter for things, but its still the people with the skills and knowledge that will ascribe value to things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭joebucks

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Gold is rare which gives it value. It's basic supply/demand economics. All the gold ever refined would fit into 3 Olympic sized pools. Gold is also extremely conductive and is used widely in industry to coat wires, electronic circuit boards etc. It is also incredibly malleable. It can be beaten so thin without cracking that light can pass through it which is why gold foil is so desirable. It also never loses it's lustre, it won't rust or fade or lose it's sheen.

Not to mention unlike all other metals which are silvery/silvery-white it has unique chemical properties which give it it's colour. Overall it is a rare metal with some incredible and unique characteristics.

Good summary.

Is it true that there is far more gold being traded on the market than is in reserve (approx 165,000 tonnes)? i.e. if everyone who has money invested in gold went to the bank looking for a physical lump of gold, only a fraction of those people would be able to get their lump?

money isn't worth gold anymore, its worth another note........

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

joebucks wrote: »
    Good summary.

Is it true that there is far more gold being traded on the market than is in reserve (approx 165,000 tonnes)? i.e. if everyone who has money invested in gold went to the bank looking for a physical lump of gold, only a fraction of those people would be able to get their lump?

Spot on. Only those who hold the metal have the value. Those who invest in paper gold are gambling that paper gold will continue to have"value" in the future.

Gold-Infographic.jpg

Advertisement