Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewire camcorders

Options
  • 03-11-2010 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭

I would like to ask pro`s to help me with my problem. I am at a loss to find camcorder with firewire output which will be HD and recording in internal hdd or flash type media, with remote control. Preferably Sony. I have found few but they record on mini tape. Do anyone know some type of camcorder like that? Sorry I have no experience in this field whatsoever so I will be happy for any help. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Is there a reason why it must have a firewire output?

I have a Sony HD camcorder with 60gig hard drive and that exports to my laptop via USB cable with no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

The hdd versions of the canonHV range?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭patnor1011

keefg wrote: »
    Is there a reason why it must have a firewire output?

I have a Sony HD camcorder with 60gig hard drive and that exports to my laptop via USB cable with no problems.

Maybe I am wrong but I got understanding that when connected to pc it can act as webcam but with usb it may downgrade quality thats why I was thinking about firewire.

Advertisement