Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Limerick train timetable accurate?

Options
  • 03-11-2010 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Need to get down to Limerick early-ish tomorrow morning from Dublin.

The Irishrail website suggests that the 7am train from from Heuston will get me into Limerick for 9.16. The 8am train seems to take the same amount of time (2 and a quarter hours).

Tbh I'm just wondering how accurate these times are? I'm not a regular train traveller, usually get buses, and I'm well used to Bus Eireann's timetables being a work of fiction. Is Irishrail's information any more accurate in this regard?

Could probably get away with getting the 8 train if it is accurate and the extra hour in bed would be nice!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭padma

Yes, the train timetable is quite accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Thanks for that...might risk the 8am train so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

The most variance I've ever had was about 10 mins.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

They have posters all the way along the side of platform 5 in Heuston bragging about their almost flawless punctuality on routes to Limerick and Cork :)

I get the train about once a month and it's always been on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

They have posters all the way along the side of platform 5 in Heuston bragging about their almost flawless punctuality on routes to Limerick and Cork :)

I get the train about once a month and it's always been on time.

Thanks all! I was clearly being unduly pessimistic! While I have ye here what do you reckon a taxi would roughly cost from the city centre to the radisson hotel out on the Ennis Road?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Probably about €15 -€20, depending on which taxi rank you leave from.

Advertisement