Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking my HTC Desire

Options
  • 03-11-2010 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭

Just thought I would post this as a recommendation for htcimeiunlock.com in case anone else was thinking of using them for unlocking their phone.

They charged me USD$25 to unlock my O2 Desire. Got my code in 9 minutes after paying. Works fine however when I tested with a Vodafone SIM and finally booted up after unlocking the phone, it said my Gmail was signed out. Has anyone else had this issue?

I read somewhere that some sites give out codes that don't fully unlock a phone (or something along those lines). Is that true?

Everything else seems grand though, I was able to make calls but couldn't browse the Internet.

Either way, I got it for $25 which is $10 cheaper than htccode which charged $20 then, after I paid, wanted a further $15 for the code as my phone is a new model for which they only just got the codes apparently. Fair play to them though, they did refund my money as promised and did it instantly so kudos to them.

Anyone else here had issues after unlocking their HTC phone? :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Pyongyang wrote: »
    They charged me USD$25 to unlock my O2 Desire. Got my code in 9 minutes after paying. Works fine however when I tested with a Vodafone SIM and finally booted up after unlocking the phone, it said my Gmail was signed out. Has anyone else had this issue?

Is your Vodafone SIM definitely enabled for mobile internet? I've a Vodafone SIM in my phone with no internet access so I get the same symptoms when trying to use 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭pelemcg

Hi Pyongyang,

What exactly did you do to get your refund from HTCCode?

They won't respond to my e-mails!!

Thanks

Pele

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

pelemcg wrote: »
    Hi Pyongyang,

What exactly did you do to get your refund from HTCCode?

They won't respond to my e-mails!!

Thanks

Pele

Hi Pele,

I just used the online live support feature on the site. Got my money back instantly.

As for the Vodafone SIM. It was a friends one who also uses it in their HTC Desire so was wondering why I couldn't browse the Internet with it...?

Calls are grand though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 deea

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Just thought I would post this as a recommendation for htcimeiunlock.com in case anone else was thinking of using them for unlocking their phone.

I read somewhere that some sites give out codes that don't fully unlock a phone (or something along those lines). Is that true?

Everything else seems grand though, I was able to make calls but couldn't browse the Internet.

Either way, I got it for $25 which is $10 cheaper than htccode which charged $20 then, after I paid, wanted a further $15 for the code as my phone is a new model for which they only just got the codes apparently. Fair play to them though, they did refund my money as promised and did it instantly so kudos to them.

Anyone else here had issues after unlocking their HTC phone? :confused:

There is not such thing as "partial unlocking". Check your APN settings - probably you have the old APN settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 candoken

Hi Pyongyang -
    I followed your advice and yes - my htc desire is unlocked - hot diggedy! I too am getting a message when I try to browse - but I can get RSS feeds and my internet radio app is working (I use "A Online Radio") so it is probably just inappropriate settings as deea probably suggest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 gracyj

Yes some codes may be wrong that they do not unlock your mobile. In such case may be you need to ask your network provider for a solution or try another code to unlock. I unlocked my mobile at www.wickedunlock.com successfully.

Advertisement