Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5AM Ennis Rd Area Siren/Alert?

Options
  • 03-11-2010 6:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Its 5AM as I type this I just popped outside for a smoke, (I'm at my Girlfriends on the Ennis Road) there is a siren going off from the Clare direction on repeat it is incredibly loud and broken up with a spoken warning which as far as I can tell says "Attention Attention" aswell as some other gobbledy gook, I woke up my girlfriend and she verified that I was not insane.

Does anyone know what it is?

If its still going in a while I intend taking a walk...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭M three

Have you not seen the movie 2010? This is the end, pack the beans and get out quick, dont even wait for your girlfriend....

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭fudgez

Those were my initial thoughts....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Dont forget the UHT milk....shudders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Twin-go

It was your concience tell you to give up the fags:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The nearest place could have been the Cement Factory who have sirens when something is wrong or they are blasting some rock.(doubtful at that time of the morning).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

could it be a car alarm? or a security system nearby, a lot of them have spoken warnings and dramatic sirens these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Btwndeyes

fudgez wrote: »
    Its 5AM as I type this I just popped outside for a smoke, (I'm at my Girlfriends on the Ennis Road) there is a siren going off from the Clare direction on repeat it is incredibly loud and broken up with a spoken warning which as far as I can tell says "Attention Attention" aswell as some other gobbledy gook, I woke up my girlfriend and she verified that I was not insane.

Does anyone know what it is?

If its still going in a while I intend taking a walk...

AFAIK Thomond Park has a siren similar to that for emergencys, maybe someone tripped it or something.
    Also The lit science department have a emergency broadcaster for chemical spills

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Zombies. Definitely Zombies.

OP if you are still alive, please let us know if you found the source!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭MackPaddy

Yeah,I heard that siren/alarm myself (Living across from Gaelic Grounds) thought the aliens or IMF had landed!!It seemed to continue for a good while.
    The alarm voice was definitely saying "This is an emergency.Please evacuate the building"
    Very strange anyways!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

Mc Love wrote: »
    Dont forget the UHT milk....shudders!

There's no demand for that.. coz it's ****e!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Cement factory (pre economic downturn) only blasted on Thursday's at 4 pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

I think it started around 2.30. I heard several sirens coming from that general area as well as a few cop cars flying past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

MackPaddy wrote: »
    Yeah,I heard that siren/alarm myself (Living across from Gaelic Grounds) thought the aliens or IMF had landed!!It seemed to continue for a good while.
    The alarm voice was definitely saying "This is an emergency.Please evacuate the building"
    Very strange anyways!

It's an alarm I've had installed in my house to clear out the dodgy birds I bring back from d'icon. Beats the awkwardness of trying to get them to leave in the morning or having to make them breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Its 5AM as I type this I just popped outside for a smoke, (I'm at my Girlfriends on the Ennis Road)

Surprised that it took you 'til 5am to take the 9 minutes required to stop playing Rabidly Randy Roger Rabbit with the Missus, smoke a fag and post curious queries on the Internet!!!!

- Go on my Son!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

that sounds like the fire alarm for the gaelic grounds, although i didnt hear it last night, it ususlly wakes me up in the mornings as im behind the main stand.

It has 3 blasts of the siren followed by ATTENTION, ATTENTION..PLEASE LEAVE THE BUILDING NOW..which by the way sounds like something from a james bond film as u cant really hear what he says.. is repeated twice..then goes to the siren again..its most likely that!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭thats not gone well

strange that alright and
    i'm living near the gaelic grounds and never heard a thing :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I lived behind the cement factory for years and the only warning was when the house shook!

I lived behind the cement factory for years and the only warning was when the house shook!

When what occurred exactly?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Oh dear. Berty, you used to be so much more witty than that. You've changed, man! :p

I've heard warnings over loud-speaker in the Ennis Road area as well. I always thought they were coming from the Topaz fore-court area, judging by the way they seemed to be amplified and echoed around.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Raiser wrote: »
    When what occurred exactly?

When they blasted every Thursday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Oh dear. Berty, you used to be so much more witty than that. You've changed, man! :p

Ah come on. How could that offend anybody? :(

Except for the poster, his mother, his father and his sister(who I possibly made up). :D

dave 27 wrote: »
    that sounds like the fire alarm for the gaelic grounds, although i didnt hear it last night, it ususlly wakes me up in the mornings as im behind the main stand.

It has 3 blasts of the siren followed by ATTENTION, ATTENTION..PLEASE LEAVE THE BUILDING NOW..which by the way sounds like something from a james bond film as u cant really hear what he says.. is repeated twice..then goes to the siren again..its most likely that!

That must of been it. Disappointing really I thought maybe the chinese had invaded or something cool. I think I'd do well in some sort of post-apocalyptic world.

That must of been it. Disappointing really I thought maybe the chinese had invaded or something cool. I think I'd do well in some sort of post-apocalyptic world.

You'll be fine, just stick with your current schedule:

Ridin' > Smokin' > Pondering Apocalyptic Events > Repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭natsuko

didnt hear it last night but have heard it before, definately Gaelic grounds id say. Thomond park has a similar one too. Was a helicopter flying round too when i first heard it last year, freaked me out! Thought we were in a state of emergency or something!

Raiser wrote: »
    You'll be fine, just stick with your current schedule:

Ridin' > Smokin' > Pondering Apocalyptic Events > Repeat

I have nothing but love for this Sir you have made my day!

Now where was I? oh yeah back to ridin'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Clare Co.Co getting ready to fight any boundary issue ? ! ?

Didnt hear it myself but it sounds like the GAA from past experience

Advertisement