Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fine line to winning/losing a table quiz

Options
  • 03-11-2010 2:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

what is the fear of this: Triskaidekaphobia. answered- friday the 13th. but the answer was number 13 .
    Feck that whos afraid of 13 ffs- but friday 13th should of course terrify a man/woman/child to their very core,
    Lost out on a packet of j-cloths or something. Not happy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,215 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Pffft. Next time do what everyone taking part in table quizes does - text the questions to a friend who's online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Lost out on a packet of j-cloths or something.

Dear God No!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

what is the fear of this: Triskaidekaphobia. answered- friday the 13th. but the answer was number 13 .
    Feck that whos afraid of 13 ffs- but friday 13th should of course terrify a man/woman/child to their very core,

It sounds like a fear of the dreaded Triple Aids, a most valid fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

Dudess wrote: »
    Pffft. Next time do what everyone taking part in table quizes does - text the questions to a friend who's online.

Sadly this was rampant tonight and the sternly quiz master was giving out,especialy when big prizes are at stake, 3rd prize was 5 bags of coal & 2 bales briquetes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Dudess wrote: »

Gah! I hate this! I know I may come across as a dry shite (and since it's AH, I'm sure someone will be along soon to call me one) but why bloody enter a table quiz if you're going to cheat? Takes the joy out of it for others who aren't doing it. I have, on occasion, told people to f.uck off when they've texted me for answers or when people I know on other teams are Googling the answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

I'm a triskaidekaphobe. The correct term for the specific phobia of Friday the 13th is friggatriskaidekaphobia. I did not make that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Millicent wrote: »
    Gah! I hate this! I know I may come across as a dry shite (and since it's AH, I'm sure someone will be along soon to call me one) but why bloody enter a table quiz if you're going to cheat? Takes the joy out of it for others who aren't doing it. I have, on occasion, told people to f.uck off when they've texted me for answers or when people I know on other teams are Googling the answers.

There used to be a great table quiz on in the Portobello pub (not sure if it's still on) where you were openly allowed to use google/text a friend. The questions were CRAZILY hard but the prize money started at €1000 and went up each week if no one won.

Every Monday night I used to have around 5 people on stand by trying to find the answers. I thought it was a great idea since most normal table quiz's are ruined by ejits cheating :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I'm a triskaidekaphobe.

A what?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,282 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

You were wrong, get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

yeahimhere wrote: »
    There used to be a great table quiz on in the Portobello pub (not sure if it's still on) where you were openly allowed to use google/text a friend. The questions were CRAZILY hard but the prize money started at €1000 and went up each week if no one won.

Every Monday night I used to have around 5 people on stand by trying to find the answers. I thought it was a great idea since most normal table quiz's are ruined by ejits cheating :mad:

That's some sort of genius! A kind of "if you can't beat them" (and I tend to want to bate the snot out of them!) join them idea. And €1000 is nothing to be sniffed at. One question though -- how would the money go up if no one won? Surely there'd have to be a winner in a quiz?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

BAH! :eek:

Have to fix that. Here, now it's just a B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

I'm a triskaidekaphobe. The correct term for the specific phobia of Friday the 13th is friggatriskaidekaphobia. I did not make that up.

thats it!as you can see its easy to mix the words up:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Millicent wrote: »
    That's some sort of genius! A kind of "if you can't beat them" (and I tend to want to bate the snot out of them!) join them idea. And €1000 is nothing to be sniffed at. One question though -- how would the money go up if no one won? Surely there'd have to be a winner in a quiz?

Opps sorry, left that part out! Your team had to get every question right to win the prize money. They did have other prizes (free drinks, vouchers etc) for the highest score on the night though. No one ever won when I was there but it still was a great laugh. Some lads even bought an encyclopedia with them one night!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Question was asked, you answered it wrong. Time to move on here pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,919 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I actually googled this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Bah, table quizzes are a waste of time these days, they are just competitions to see who's quicker at using their smartphone. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Bah, table quizzes are a waste of time these days, they are just competitions to see who's quicker at using their smartphone. :mad:

Ah it was always something similar in the good old days anyway... Lads legging it out to the nearest phonebox to ring their mates or other feckers inconspicuously sitting beside a full encyclopedia set

Advertisement