Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to get my phd - you can help

Options
  • 02-11-2010 11:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭

ok so my whole doctorate was built on the hypothesis that reverse psychology is greatly over-rated in terms of the influence it exerts

so I am asking you all to please not thank this post

The rudimentary parameters for this experient suggest that the average amount of traffic to an AH thread at this time of day per hour is about 400 users, if I get less than 40 thanks (as my hypothesis is based on an equation that calculates reverse psycology success at 10%) then bingo I'm a doctor

hope you've understood that, over to you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Promise to change your username to Dr.Don and I won't thank your post.

If that promise is not made by midnight, consider your OP 'thanked'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

donfers wrote: »
    ok so my whole doctorate was built on the hypothesis that reverse psychology is greatly over-rated in terms of the influence it exerts

The rudimentary parameters for this experient suggest that the average amount of traffic to an AH thread at this time of day per hour is about 400 users, if I get less than 40 thanks (as my hypothesis is based on an equation that calculates reverse psycology success at 10%) then bingo I'm a doctor

The Irish education system has really gone to shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Translation:
    Thank this post.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

This may be the most genius idea I have ever heard. This has to be published in every psychology journal in every country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Some people take this thanks whoring business just a bit too seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Jeez another thanks whore, the evolution of trolls continues, now claiming PHDs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

Translation:
    Thank this post.

Wait, should I thank your post or the one you quoted? These psychological experiments confuse the hell outta me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Teutorix

OP feck off, you arent going for a phd, you thanks whore :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭punchdrunk

four thanks already...the peer pressure is fúcking intense!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

What college funded this research?! Jesus wept.

• Advertisement

Teutorix wrote: »
    OP feck off, you arent going for a phd, you thanks whore :pac:

Unless PHD stands for Potentially Horrendous Dump.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

Yes Doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

What if I thank the post and then remove it later?

/checkmate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭trish23

I feel vaguely abused.... by a would be doctor!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

So you'd be a reverse-thanks-whore then ? (for the purposes of this thread .......)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭FoxT

Thanked him, cos I thought it was clever, then removed thanks cos I thought it was a whoring gimmick....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Your not including any variables? For example that your post is not one which will incite others to comment, hence making this thread drop in AH meaning less people actually look at it. Or that telling people you are using reverse psychology may indeed influence your results. Are you aware of anything which may reduce traffic to this page at the present time? How many AH posters will be watching the match for example?

Bloody arts.. your phd isn't worth a first year science students christmas assessments by the sounds of it. Where are you getting it from? What lecturer do i contact to voice my disgust?

FoxT wrote: »
    Thanked him, cos I thought it was clever, then removed thanks cos I thought it was a whoring gimmick....:confused:

It's also been done before, ad nauseum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

No jobs for your choice of career.:pac: So no thanks...LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

there's only one doctor I trust

• Advertisement
Advertisement