Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend somewhere for 3 days skiing

Options
  • 02-11-2010 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there

Hoping to book a short ski trip early in the New year. Unfortunately I can probably only take 3 days. I did this two years ago and went to Engelberg in Switzerland- flew into Basel and it was just 2.5 hours away. Managed to fit in 3 days of skiing (cut a little short on the third day to head back to airport!).

So, would love to hear suggestions: the only restriction being a short drive from airport!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Flaine prehaps.

It is only about 90 minutes from Geneva tons to keep you busy for 3 days but ugly as sin sadly!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Most resorts in Austria are never more than 2 hours away from an airport. So you've got a pick there!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Yep try Austria. I went to Mulbach last year and the tourist office were doing deals for 3/4 days b+b with a lift pass thrown in. This was actually for the whole of the ski amade region (45 mins from Salzburg in the car).

Some tour ops do short breaks too.

Port Du Soleil and Samoens are also not too far from Geneva (as are some Swiss resorts probably).

Advertisement