Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nursing Studies - Help??

Options
  • 02-11-2010 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hiya Everyone,

I'm currently doing a FETAC level 5 in Healthcare support and hope to progress onto university next year for ID Nursing.
    However, i just discovered i need three other modules:

D20001 Anatomy and Physiology
    D20002 Introduction to Nursing
    D20032 Human Growth and Development

Does anyone happen to know of anyone/where that would do just these 3 modules for me? Would love to start asap as i plan on entering the CAO for this coming year. I live in the Dublin/Meath region.
    Thank you! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 BARBWIRE

Hi I did those subjects in Blanchardstown, as far as I know, classes started in september, All I can say is ring the vec office in the Blanchardstown village they will give you a ph. no. to ring. Its Based in a building beside a secondary school called Riversdale community college. Corduff. Goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Do bear in mind you will need a full FETAC Level 5 award which is 8 modules and also includes mandatory modules in Communications and Work Experience. There are very few places reserved for FETAC graduates on Nursing degrees - some as low as 3 per IoT degree course. The standard required is 8 distinctions.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mistee

Hi
    I am thinking about doing the Nursing studies course in Galway, Just wondering what are the jobs out of it - i know you can go into do the nursing degree with that course..

Advertisement