Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have 700 euro for a new Laptop any Recs?

Options
  • 02-11-2010 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

i seen i nice HP in Currys for just under 600 it has Intel corei3 processor , 3gb memory, 320gb hard drive. does it sound like a good deal? Also would Intel Hd graphics be good enough for online gaming ? Also are HP are good make , what makes / brands should i stay away from ???
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

intel hd graphics are on board graphics.

find something with an ati mobility radeon HD 5xxx and you should be fine for gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭ricman

GET one with 200meg video ram, ati or nvidia, ith 6 cell battery, and hdmi out, for connection to hdtv for gaming, movie watching.Make sure screen is not too shiny, with too many reflections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

ricman wrote: »
    GET one with 200meg video ram, ati or nvidia, ith 6 cell battery, and hdmi out, for connection to hdtv for gaming, movie watching.Make sure screen is not too shiny, with too many reflections.

200meg:confused::confused::confused:

1 gig i would imagine of 'real' VRAM , not 3000 million gigs or so of physical or fake vrm as advertised in some adds.:rolleyes:

2 gigs of graphics memory is upping near the gaming rigs area and not in your price range.

I MEAN 200meg vram, video memory in the graphics cards,most laptops over 450 euro will have 2 or 3 gigabyte ram .SAY you wanna play game x ,it will require x amount of grahics card ram , and also x amount of system ram .SEE game x call of duty 4 recommended specs.Try and get widescreen screen too.Dell sells gaming laptops, but i think they are abit over 700 euro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

ricman wrote: »
    I MEAN 200meg vram, video memory in the graphics cards,most laptops over 450 euro will have 2 or 3 gigabyte ram .SAY you wanna play game x ,it will require x amount of grahics card ram , and also x amount of system ram .SEE game x call of duty 4 recommended specs.Try and get widescreen screen too.Dell sells gaming laptops, but i think they are abit over 700 euro.

i know, but 200megs is not a number that goes well binary wise :p

256 meg maybe, but thats pretty ancient by todays standard.

my 2c would be buy a used gaming rig for that budget with dedicated gfx card, 512meg/1gig

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭FREDNISMO

should be able to get a top of the range V-Tech for that sort of money and still have change

512meg video ram is ideal, last time i checked toshiba laptops with 256meg vram, 2gig main pc ram were going for 480 approx,nvidia grahics card .look for the nividia or ati logo on the laptop case.so 256meg vram is the minimum you,ll need.

Advertisement