Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Guild

Options
  • 02-11-2010 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Been back on WoW for a few months now .. would not mind playing with some boardies .. does not matter of faction etc. Wat realm you guys play? You all together or?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Gz on creating 6 new topics and commenting in a dozen or more but if you looked at the sticky you did comment in:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=225996

it shows a list of boards players and their character info.

And the one topic that you did miss on your bumping spree:

The Irish project on Doomhammer --> http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056067460

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Onslaught

Will give it a look cheers... yeah well when you have done all you're college work weeks ago you tend to get bored in here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

witless1 wrote: »
    Gz on creating 6 new topics and commenting in a dozen or more but if you looked at the sticky you did comment in:

ooooooooo Captain Sassy pants :P

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

Now now Doc play nice :)

Yeah I know the boredom of college particularly now that Facebook has been banned between 9-3 so boards and a few others are the only outlets left!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

witless1 wrote: »
    Now now Doc play nice :)

Yeah I know the boredom of college particularly now that Facebook has been banned between 9-3 so boards and a few others are the only outlets left!!

There was a time I'd get a ban for that, without them realizing we were in <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

tried lots before and always falls apart

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It went well enough for a while last time, but then kind of fell apart. I'd be up for joining a guild again, but purely as a casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

Kiith wrote: »
    but purely as a casual.

This is the thing that happens,

1)boards makes a casual guild
    2)people join said casual guild
    3)people level chars up and start raiding
    4)core group of players want to do more then raiding
    5)casuals want to do raiding but cores want to progress
    6)boards guild urns raiding recriting other members
    7)arguement occurs

Sometime may appen with a boards guild and cata, with the 10 mans dropping same loot and all that shignagans and the raid lockout.

But they never succesfully stay a boards friendly casual guild, peopl want to do more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Boards guilds never ever work, you simply can't maintain that sort of community here.

That said I'd be interested in a casual sort of guild, cos I keep dipping my toe into WoW :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Its easy to have a guild with both casual and raiding members, the trick is to not recruit arrogant assholes or snobs.. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

With rated BG's come Cata, it might see a re-emergence of pvp only guilds, which bonded very well and were hugely successful at pulling random people together into a guild for pvp fun.

Might be room somewhere in all of that for a boards pvp guild or just a group within a casual guild intent on pvp (The Irish guild recruitment thingy on Doomhammer linked on the forums here for instance) - especially given blizz are also changing the whole Battlegroups so they all link in together rather than just groups of them as they are at the moment, with one side (usually Horde) having long wait times.

I'm sure blizzard will probably bollocks up the whole rated BG's though and it'll all go to shít in the end but sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

nix wrote: »
    Its easy to have a guild with both casual and raiding members, the trick is to not recruit people who stand in the fire.. :rolleyes:

FYP :P

Theres always going to be two types of peopel that will play wow, and never the twain shall meet, therefore a boards guild will always be at breaking point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

only way to do it would be to have 2 raiding teams, but then it turns into like 2 seperate guilds under on banner :p

Well perhaps a boards guild is not the way to go .. and as for the one up atm .. a horde and alliance guild? I don't see either of them lasting for cata ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

It went well enough for a while last time, but then kind of fell apart. I'd be up for joining a guild again, but purely as a casual.

I'd definitely be up for another casual group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

the girlfriends off on a six week holiday over xmas, so i need something to fill my time while shes gone, and cata is the answer!!

im deffo up for a boards casual guild, bit of 10 mans and sh1t thrown in for fun.

rolled an undead mage on sunstrider, named "Iceyweiner" if anyone wants to throw something together

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I'd be game for casual play, but nothing hardcore...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

regi wrote: »
    I'd be game for casual play, but nothing hardcore...

Regi lives! and hes a casual!

copeyhagen wrote: »
    the girlfriends off on a six week holiday over xmas, so i need something to fill my time while shes gone, and cata is the answer!!

im deffo up for a boards casual guild, bit of 10 mans and sh1t thrown in for fun.

rolled an undead mage on sunstrider, named "Iceyweiner" if anyone wants to throw something together

Go to Doomhammer's Irish guild, switch to alliance and level up in pvp with instant BG's instead - given you're a mage, you'll get the most fun anyway while the class is so overpowered at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are the queues really that good on Doomhammer? Cause i'd love to PvP more often, but i refuse to sit around for 30 minutes, just to finish a battleground in 5 minutes.

• Advertisement

Doomhammer sucked for horse if I remember.. 80 hunter was on it... I'm back on darkspear myself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

alliance doesnt appeal to me whatsoever, plus i have all my 80s on sunstrider and have no intention of paying to move them

Are the queues really that good on Doomhammer? Cause i'd love to PvP more often, but i refuse to sit around for 30 minutes, just to finish a battleground in 5 minutes.

It's not that it's Doomhammer in particular but the Battlegroup that it's in, which is very much overpopulated Horde side. So you end up as Alliance getting instant BG's even in the early hours of the morning.

Drawback though is that Alliance are so shít at pvp that you're looking at around a 90% loss rate :) Still, quick and easy to farm your wrath gear on alts if you wanted.

Advertisement