Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grenade or Pipe Bomb thrown at house..

Options
  • 02-11-2010 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭

Todays Irish Times Report,
    Three teenagers were arrested today after separate pipe bomb and shotgun attacks linked to feuding drugs gangs.
    Detectives believe the incidents were in retaliation for a gun attack on Sunday night outside the Marble Arch pub in Crumlin, south Dublin.
    It is believed a number of men walked into the bar, ordered another man outside and opened fire on the street. No-one was injured.
    A 16-year-old youth was detained at about 2am today in the Herberton area near St James’s Hospital after a Garda patrol spotted him acting suspiciously.
    A shotgun was recovered at the scene.
    It is understood the teenager was being questioned over an earlier attack on a home in Galtymore Park in Drimnagh after shots were fired through a kitchen window.
    No-one was injured in the incident and detectives were examining CCTV footage from the area.
    An 18-year-old youth and a 17-year-old youth were detained in the same area in follow-up operations at 4am.
    All three were being questioned under section 30 of the Offences Against the State Act at Crumlin, Terenure and Sundrive Road Garda stations.
    The arrests were made less than three hours after a suspected pipe bomb was thrown at the front window of a home in Crumlin and exploded.
    Senior gardaí in the Crumlin/Drimnagh area also suspect all the incidents were linked to a wider feud between two major drugs gangs in the area.
    The pipe bomb attack happened outside a home on Monasterboice Road in Crumlin shortly after 11pm. It was hurled at the front of the house, bounced off a window and exploded, damaging two neighbouring houses.
    A small hole was blown in a front wall, windows were shattered and a window sill damaged.
    A man, his partner and their young child were in one of the homes while a woman was in the other. No one was injured.
    The Defence Forces bomb disposal squads have attended 170 call outs and have dealt with 44 viable improvised explosive devices this year alone, mostly pipe bombs.

All I can think of saying is Holy Christ. A 16 year old and walking the streets with a shotgun, and then to throw a pipe bomb, or grenade at someones house, where an innocent child is present, is disgusting.

When will all this end? Its getting beyond the joke at the moment in my opinion :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I wonder how many of those scummers have previous convictions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Am I the only one to think 16 isn't that old?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Only in America Dublin ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

won't somebody think of the window sills! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Balfie wrote: »

All I can think of saying is Holy Christ. A 16 year old and walking the streets with a shotgun, and then to throw a pipe bomb, or grenade at someones house, where an innocent child is present, is disgusting.

When will all this end? Its getting beyond the joke at the moment in my opinion :mad:

And yet if the gardai give these thugs a few slaps you'll have an uproar about po-lice brutality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

easyeason3 wrote: »
    Am I the only one to think 16 isn't that old?

16 Isn't that old, still a child, walking around with a shotgun, holy christ.

If I was 16 walking around the streets with a shotgun I know what my parents would do.. and I dont even want to think about it ha! seems some parents just have no control over their children and their actions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Give Ireland another 20 years and its going to be one ****ed up place. The mentality is already here, all thats lacking is the gun power.

TheZohan wrote: »
    And yet if the gardai give these thugs a few slaps you'll have an uproar about po-lice brutality.

no I wouldn't. quite the opposite actually, I got it when I was a kid and I've never been in trouble with the Gardaí since, and don't plan on being in trouble with them anytime soon, I think the Gardaí do an upstanding job, in a place where crime is on the rise, and they get too much **** for doing their job, so no, I wouldn't say nothing about any "po-lice brutality"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭sollar

I don't think 16 is a child, i would like to see 15 year olds and up tried as adults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

TheZohan wrote: »

Probably because it is police brutality. The police enforce the laws, the courts hand out the punishments. It's not that complicated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Doneg Al

Give Ireland another 20 years and its going to be one ****ed up place. The mentality is already here, all thats lacking is the gun power.

I grew up there, moved out when i was 20. Trust me, its already an incredibly ****ed up place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Can't understand why that would happen outside the Marble Arch. A fine establishment - popular with scholars and gents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

sollar wrote: »
    I don't think 16 is a child, i would like to see 15 year olds and up tried as adults.

I agree. Teenagers are old enough to know better and should be tried as adults in cases like this. Unfortunately these people will be given light sentences and will be back out on the street in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

If I was 16 walking around the streets with a shotgun I know what my parents would do.. and I dont even want to think about it ha! seems some parents just have no control over their children and their actions

For the area it's not shocking. 16 may seem like a child to you but that 16 year old mentioned in the article is probably harder than any grown man.
    It's just the way things are gone now. Criminals deliberately use underagers because they are usually let off with a slap on the wrist.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

stovelid wrote: »
    Can't understand why that would happen outside the Marble Arch. A fine establishment - popular with scholars and gents.

Perhaps they went outside and had a duel, pistols at 20 paces. :pac:

stovelid wrote: »

Oh Yes, I know a few Winstons and Penelopes that drink in this fine establishment.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Doneg Al

easyeason3 wrote: »
    For the area it's not shocking. 16 may seem like a child to you but that 16 year old mentioned in the article is probably harder than any grown man.
    It's just the way things are gone now. Criminals deliberately use underagers because they are usually let off with a slap on the wrist.

More importantly, they use 16 yo's because they are impressionable and eager to please. And generally stupid enough to carry weapons around on their person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Probably because it is police brutality. The police enforce the laws, the courts hand out the punishments. It's not that complicated.

In Ireland?
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Sterilization. The lot of them.

Doneg Al wrote: »
    More importantly, they use 16 yo's because they are impressionable and eager to please. And generally stupid enough to carry weapons around on their person.

Couldn't agree with you more, it's shocking at even the thought of putting a gun in the hands of a child, and for criminals to be doing it openly is just down right disgraceful.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Jaysus, the thread title made me think it was thrown at your gaff OP.

/calls the AH posse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

welcome to 21st century ireland

:(

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Jaysus, the thread title made me think it was thrown at your gaff OP.

/calls the AH posse off.

Sorry About that Pete, if it is any consolation I live about two mins around the corner from it and heard the explosion. Woke the Kids up, other than that, done no harm to me or my family, or anyone elses family for that matter. Which is only a good thing.

Sorry About that Pete, if it is any consolation I live about two mins around the corner ..

As do I, but it never woke me from my Cheryl Cole dreaming.

As long as my fav corner cake shop in Rialto is fine, then all is well .. my chocolate éclairs are in no immediate danger ;)

OutlawPete wrote: »
    As do I, but it never woke me from my Cheryl Cole dreaming.

As long as my fav corner cake shop in Rialto is fine, then all is well .. my chocolate éclairs are in no immediate danger ;)

Won't somebody pleassse think of the éclairs, :rolleyes:

Won't somebody pleassse think of the éclairs, :rolleyes:

They did, me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

the courts hand out the punishments

Maybe if they actually handed out appropriate punishments the police wouldn't feel they had to augment them with a few baetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just another day in paradise Scumbagville.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

'arrest, kz, chimney'

for cases like these, until our legal system is simplified to the above, it wont.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Oh Yes, I know a few Winstons and Penelopes that drink in this fine establishment.:rolleyes:

We need to rechristen the rolleyes smiley as Mr Tautology

Advertisement