Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demi Lovato, another Disney star in rehab

Options
  • 02-11-2010 5:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

Another one claimed by the media monster, money and fame eh?...all it's cracked up to be?, think your life is boring?...think money/fame would make it better?....think again.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Demi-Lovato-Treatment-1024968.aspx

Demi Lovato has quit her international tour to check into a treatment center, her reps said in a statement.

"Demi Lovato left her tour early this weekend in order to seek medical treatment for emotional and physical issues she has dealt with for some time," the 18-year-old statement read.

Lovato's rep did not specify the nature of the singer's issues, but a source close to the situation told The Associated Press that Lovato has dealt with an eating disorder and cutting herself in the past.

Check out photos of Lovato

"Demi has decided to take personal responsibility for her actions and seek help. She is doing just that," the statement continued. "[Demi] regrets not being able to finish her tour, but is looking forward to getting back to work in the near future."

The 18-year-old Disney star was on tour with the Jonas Brothers, whom she starred opposite in the Camp Rock films. Among her other Disney work: Sonny with a Chance and Princess Protection Program. Lovato also appeared on an episode of Grey's Anatomy as a seemingly schizophrenic patient trying to claw her own eyes out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,425 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Isnt she or wasnt she dating Joe Jonas?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yamadeejit

the 18-year-old statement read.

What??:confused:

yamadeejit wrote: »
    the 18-year-old statement read.

What??:confused:

I think it was meant to be "the 18-year-old's statement read"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Family issues there too: she hasn't seen her Dad in two years and he has cancer according to Radar Online. And she pulled herself out of school and home schooled because she was bullied so badly.

She is a really good singer... but after all the pics of her with her wrists obv cut surfaced last year its hard to believe they didn't get her help sooner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

You have to want help, they can't force you to address your own issues...i hope she'll be ok, i've more empathy for her then alot of other "stars".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I know that too... a bit like that too she seems much more down to earth than a lot of the stars: I don't see her being another Lindsey Lohan it is just sad: like I can't imagine if that was me at that age that my mother wouldn't have carted me off for help long ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭clikityclak

Not that much of surprise to hear, unfortunately. It seems she's being pushed into the whole 'startlet' thing by her management/parental influence. When her and Joe Jonas broke up,apparently his father did the deed on his behalf. On a lot of the blind gossip sites,there are insinuations that she had been involved in lot of risque behaviour :eek:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20438657,00.html
    Enough was enough for Demi Lovato, 18, who checked into a medical center on Monday to get professional help because – as a source close to Lovato's family tells PEOPLE – "She fought through eating disorders and has struggled with cutting. [She] is taking control by getting help."
    The source confirms that a fight with a dancer on tour was the catalyst for Lovato's decision to seek treatment. According to another insider, Lovato "doesn't have that same kind of love for life that she at one point had."
    The insider tells PEOPLE she was already struggling with her weight when she entered her teens: "She definitely had body-image issues. She was always conscious of her weight."
    "Like many other teenage girls, she struggled a lot to fit in and find acceptance," says a family friend. "She's very sensitive, very intuitive and that is part of what makes her a wonderful performer – very talented. It is double-edged sword. I think she felt that the hard time she had [in school], problems with kids who were incredibly vicious made her stronger. But none of us feels strong every day."
    Lovato acknowledged those body issues to PEOPLE in September. "I have a tattoo on my rib and it says, 'You make me beautiful,'" she said. "There was a song that inspired me when I was younger and it helped me through a really rough time I used to have self-image issues."
    The singer-actress added, "Feeling comfortable in your clothes is something I deal with to this day. I wish I had somebody I had to look up to when I was younger to stand up and say, 'Hey, I have fat days.' So I want to be able to start a foundation or something that's for girls feeling confident, to empower them."
    Bullied as a child, she wanted to work with kids to let them know, "I've been through it and I came out a stronger person."

The story just got interesting!....did Demi try pull the "rehab" card to avoid the backlash of punching this girl?...will the cops now get involved?, lawsuit 100% for sure as the dancer in question will milk this for all it's worth:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a286121/demi-lovato-punched-backing-dancer.html

Demi Lovato reportedly left the Jonas Brothers' tour after an altercation with a backing dancer.

According to TMZ, Lovato punched Alex Welch, who is also appearing on the Jonas Brothers' 'Live In Concert' jaunt, leaving the dancer with a black eye.

The website claims that the incident was the catalyst for Lovato leaving the tour early and entering a rehab facility to deal with "physical and emotional issues".

Sources close to Lovato have said that the Disney star feels "awful" about the situation with Welch, and has taken personal responsibility.

Meanwhile, it is thought that Welch may be considering legal action.

Source

Months after leaving a treatment center for "physical and emotional issues," Demi Lovato reveals that she learned she suffers from bipolar disorder.
    "I never found out until I went into treatment that I was bipolar," the 18-year-old actress and singer told People. "Looking back it makes sense. There were times when I was so manic, I was writing seven songs in one night and I'd be up until 5:30 in the morning."
    Lovato, who said she has battled depression "from a very young age," originally sought treatment for bulimia, anorexia and cutting, according to the magazine.
    "I feel like I am in control now where my whole life I wasn't in control," she said.

Lovato tweeted her support for fellow actress Catherine Zeta-Jones shortly after she came forward with her own recent bipolar II diagnosis. " I don't know Catherine Zeta-Jones personally but what she has decided to do [it's] SO brave," she wrote. "And SO difficult but worth it... I'm proud of her."
    Lovato also recently announced her decision to leave her Disney channel series, Sonny with a Chance, in order to focus on her music.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Is it just me or is "bipolar disorder" becoming the latest reason used (too much and conveniently!) by others in trying to explain their bad activities!

I'm not falling for this crap most of the time. Genuine sufferers are being done a dis-service!

^ what annoys me is that she only found out she had the condition IN rehab!....but was admitted for alot of other reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

^ what annoys me is that she only found out she had the condition IN rehab!....but was admitted for alot of other reasons.

well since bipolar is triggered frequently by stress, being in rehab and facing demons would be a likely time to have a episode.... plus her outrageous behaviour that LANDED her in rehab could have been a bipolar episode and until they had cleared her system in rehab it didn't become clear she was actually bi polar....

Advertisement