Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ext tamper fault on Aritech CS250

Options
  • 02-11-2010 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi All,

Every once in a while this fault comes up, EXT Tamper. no zone comes up so I'm not sure whats causing it. Is there an easier way to find the problem without going around to each device? The SABB lights aren'r working either, not sure if its connected?

Thanks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its the tamper on the external bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭persie11

The siren itself works but the lights don't. Would it not say 'ext bell tamper' if it were the SABB? Also, would i need the engineer code to replace SABB?

Thanks.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It depends on what way it was configured.
    The CS250, using Aritech bells also had the option of tampering the bell triggers with 1k resistors.
    To test you could also open/close BHO & tamer return using 4k7 resistor.
    You do not need engineer access to change the external bell.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭persie11

Thanks, I'll look at that tomorrow and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭finnegan2010

Was going to ask If the SABB External Sounder with FANCY strobe was compatible with an Aritech alarm system, but you just answered my q thanks ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement