Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire Vs Desire HD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

is there really a thread needed for this ?

I would say neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

PCPhoto wrote: »

I would say neither.
    Thanks for your input.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

PCPhoto wrote: »

And why not?
    Is this not what this site so big?
    Big and small topics!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Is there no light sensor on the HD? On paper there doesn't seem to be much in the difference...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Desire HD has a better processor. Larger screen better for gaming, videos, internet browsing. HTCsense.com gives you free services like tracking your phone and locking it if you think it was stolen. It also has its own cached maps so you wont need to buy anything for navigation and wont need internet data on

And Desire HD has a light sensor.

It also has the new HTC Sense which i have to say is ****ing sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

Desire HD has a better processor. Larger screen better for gaming, videos, internet browsing. HTCsense.com gives you free services like tracking your phone and locking it if you think it was stolen. It also has its own cached maps so you wont need to buy anything for navigation and wont need internet data on

Will the HTCsense.com support the original Desire? I love the way you can wipe content from your mobile if it's lost/stolen & track it. Great idea in fairness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

Does the Desire HD not have the AMOLED screen? Would the screen not be as good as the regular one? That would seem a little strange.

it doesn't have amoled cause Samsung is evil and won't give htc any :) it uses Sonys Super Lcd. Which isn't as vibrant in colours but it has low power consumption. Though expect to charge desire hd daily. big screen big processor = power hungry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

big screen big processor = power hungry

?

HD uses a more efficient processor than the original HD, I have no battery issues, has more memory too, nothing wrong with either, I just prefer the HD, same size as the Galaxy S more or less but a deal heavier

bogman wrote: »
    ?

HD uses a more efficient processor than the original HD, I have no battery issues, has more memory too, nothing wrong with either, I just prefer the HD, same size as the Galaxy S more or less but a deal heavier

Im not saying it wont last long :) just people these days expect a PDA phone to last as long as a Nokia dumb phone would :)

It all depends on the user too...I love threads when people state their phone wont last longer than a few hours with screen brightness up max+wifi+bt+data+alot of other ****e :)

• Advertisement

My HD lasts over 30hrs on a single charge

:O all reviews i read so far state not to expect better battery life than from any other high end smartphone (which is usually a day) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

bogman wrote: »
    My HD lasts over 30hrs on a single charge

That in itself is a winner. Battery life is my single hatred of the Desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Upstream

Some talk of the new HTC Sense being available for the old Desire before the end of the year. Not confirmed though.

Re: cached maps with the new HTC Sense, will this let the phone function like a Sat Nav or do you have to pay extra for Navigation services if you don't have an internet data add on?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭DaSchmo

Had a DHD for a week now, battery life (and time to charge) was initially terrible but has got much better in the past couple of days. Currently it seems to only drop 2-2.5% of charge per hour on standby with 3g on and mail, facebook and weather syncing infrequently. I have yet to try and let it run overnight into the next day but I am reasonably confident that it can be done but I would say it would die by lunch time - seems about the same as my old iphone 3GS now. The screen is the main culprit in draining the battery anyway, I don't know how much can be done about this (I have it dimmed to 30%) but other tasks such as using it as an Mp3 player seem to be OK now from a battery drain perspective. Took it off the charger at 7.55 this morning, checked my emails and played a solid hour of music in my car on it and when I got into my office at 9 it was on 93% battery which is quite reasonable for a high end smartphone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

The HD is a big phone. People would really need to actually hold it in their hand before deciding on it, though I don't doubt you could get used to it.

Having a desire myself and having had the opportunity over the weekend to do an actual comparison, I don't think I'd be in a rush to upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

If you have a Desire, the HD isn't worth paying your hard earned cash to upgrade to. If you are in the market for a phone buy the Desire HD over the Desire unless the size puts you off alot.

Hi Inquitus,

Think it was you who mentioned something about the new HTC Sense being available for the old Desire before the end of the year in an earlier thread.
    Do you have any more info about this?

Thanks,
    Upstream

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Upstream wrote: »
    Hi Inquitus,

Think it was you who mentioned something about the new HTC Sense being available for the old Desire before the end of the year in an earlier thread.
    Do you have any more info about this?

Thanks,
    Upstream

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8568659&postcount=1

That's where I got the idea from, some tech site in Taiwan were told we'd get it in Dec by HTC.

Inquitus wrote: »
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=8568659&postcount=1

That's where I got the idea from, some tech site in Taiwan were told we'd get it in Dec by HTC.

Lovely stuff, thanks for the link.
    Not much to seperate the Desire and the Desire HD if it gets this update.

• Advertisement

That in itself is a winner. Battery life is my single hatred of the Desire.

Present charge lasted just over 17hrs Bob where previous one was over 30, left 3G and mobile network settings on by mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

I've heard that the call quality with DHD is not great - is this true?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

I've heard that the call quality with DHD is not great - is this true?

By no means 'bad' but yes somewhat lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭gth

Does anyone know the max External Memory for the desire HD ?

gth wrote: »
    Does anyone know the max External Memory for the desire HD ?

32 GB.

Maybe it really goes higher, but i don't think any card bigger than 32gb exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭gth

wernstrom! wrote: »
    32 GB.

Maybe it really goes higher, but i don't think any card bigger than 32gb exists.

your sure
    http://www.vodafone.ie/df/paymonthly/porting/index.jsp?handset=DESHD&manufacturerSelected=ALL
    coz its 8gb here

gth wrote: »

No it's 32.

Vodafone got confused. There's an 8GB card included.

An 8GB limit is just plain behind the curve these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

wernstrom! wrote: »
    32 GB.

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/SD-Cards?&filters=|size:65536

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Insurgent wrote: »

Those are SD cards. The Desires take MicroSD.

• Advertisement

Its just an SD card. You can change it to whatever size you want after :) Best thing about it if you buy a new phone you can just switch it to your new phone and keep all your data without the need to copy paste

Advertisement