Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Join the Horde

Options
  • 02-11-2010 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

We got cows ;)

Just curious .. What made you pick you're faction/race/class?

When I first started back in summer '07 my very 1st char was a nelf hunter .. 2 mates of mine had just joined and we're also nelf hunters...

Quickly switched to Tauren warrior when more signed up after leaving runescape :P and have stuck with him since.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

My first ever character a was Tauren Druid named "Pogmothoin". The reason for going Horde was because I only joined WoW because a lot of my Warcraft 3 mates were playing it regularly. That account eventually got perma banned for saying the "N" word in Trade and I never got it back. I ended up leveling my Shaman on the same Realm.

5 years later, I applied to Method on Xavius (top Alliance Guild in the World) and when I got accepted I made the Faction Change. Been Alliance now for several months and I can tell you one thing - Watching Gnomes throw Fireballs at Dragons never, ever gets old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Onslaught

Method eh? :P I just moved from xavius myself mate..dont't suppose you knw the horde guild EVO Reborn? There ex GM and some officers are from Bray themselves...

N word? :P tut tut ... Although .. My hunters very first pet was "NigPig" black boar... I'm not racist in the slighest just mates playing beside me happend to name it that .. was never reported or anything I eventually moved on to other pets and the pig was forgotten about... How I miss him :( my hunter has the pink plainstrider from mulgore now named "Pinky" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Yeah I remember them, but didn't really follow much on Xavius, you know yourself. Think the only Guild I actually remember was Whiplash (?) I think because they wanted me to join them when I got Kingslayer and was no longer in Method, lol :>

Got KS there 2nights ago myself.. was so pleased.. My very first time on LK .. had never really got passed Professor ... We got him down on the 4th go .. there was only 1 tank 2 healers and a dps up when he was at 20 % :P fair play to that dps nuking him that extra 10% on his own fair play .. you should have heard the GM on ventrilo.. swear he just walked down into his living room on christmas morning and there was a ferrari in the room or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Undead priest was my first

They looked cool, and I wanted to heal, then I went shadow when shadow was the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

always preferred the look of undead over every other race, so mainly only ever leveled undead..and one belf.

thinking of rolling a mage tonight though instead of rolling a worgen come cata.

probably wont bother though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

everyone had picked alliance when i started playing :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Human Paladin, becuase i always used to pick Human Paladins in RPG's. Then went Warlock, and never looked back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Human Warlock was my first..mainly cos the few mates that introduceed me wo WoW were alliance...

Tried Horde couple times...Undercity and Org were enough to convert me back...:P

Definitely gonna be levellin a Goblin tho :D

• Advertisement

worgen are going to be good.. there starting zone looks all halloweeny.. im into that haha will be sticking horde throughout cata of course

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

DRakE wrote: »
    everyone had picked alliance when i started playing :(

Everyone had picked alliance when i started playing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

best friend gave me the game+card as christmas present and he was playing alliance so didn't really get to choose the faction..

... as for race, didn't really liked any other than humans... in fact, only non human is drainei to be able to play shamman - other than that, playing only humans...

class was also a bit easy - i was always a MTG player so arcane mage seemed to me the most logical choice (since i never really liked melee)...

as for the name (Aluren), it was one of my favorite MTG cards - got 2nd spot in the regionals and by pure n00bishness i missed the draft in the nationals...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Went alliance in the beta and stuck with it.

Not like it really makes a difference anyone unless your someone that thinks shouting FOR THE HORDE is cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I started off with a Human Warrior on Wildhammer. He's an Orc Warrior now - changed faction with the last boards guild.

Will be making my Tauren warrior a Orc today .... No more not been able to fit into UC doorways... No me getting singled out in BGs as you are the biggest and most obvs target in the group ... Sadly... No more /moo .. No more horns ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Joined Ally cause my outfit buddies did when they came from planetside. They all gone now.

When option to facton change came out, all ally on my server went horde, so there is a major pop imbalance on my server. Horde = easy mode on bloodfeather. Everyone i played with is now horde, i never was much for farming, so it doesnt affect me that much. And i have my banker in Exodar cause of the resident horde pop in SW and IF.

Mnd u it is kinda annoying only winning WG once a week and then horde camping vendors.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

I first joined the Horde in search of more mature players to what I was initially used to on Alliance (deadmines pugs made me want to die), I soon realised that it makes no bloody difference...

I love the Orc race though and the Shaman, started one and never looked back.....except to level the other 9 Horde to 80 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Rolled Alliance as I preferrred the cities. Started with a Gnoam Rogue, I thought being small would make it harder to see me… That lasted all of 46 levels. Stuck with aliance so I could send on gold and stuffs to new toons. Rolled a Dorf hunter, got very bored with him somewhere over Terokkar forest. Rolled Shammy. Only went Horde when Boardsie boys started up and changed the shaman from spacegoat to Ork.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,016 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

2 Espressi wrote: »
    Rolled Alliance as I preferrred the cities. Started with a Gnoam Rogue, I thought being small would make it harder to see me… That lasted all of 46 levels. Stuck with aliance so I could send on gold and stuffs to new toons. Rolled a Dorf hunter, got very bored with him somewhere over Terokkar forest. Rolled Shammy. Only went Horde when Boardsie boys started up and changed the shaman from spacegoat to Ork.
    wow the only race you spelled right and you spelled it the warhammer way :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Dustaz wrote: »
    Went alliance in the beta and stuck with it.

Not like it really makes a difference anyone unless your someone that thinks shouting FOR THE HORDE is cool.
    sometimes after a hard days raiding all you want to do is have a nice sit down. thankfully ironforge and stormwind are full of benches.

Advertisement