Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insane in the Membrane

Options
  • 02-11-2010 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Currently going for this achevement.. although the time it takes looks horribly long.. and prob the hardest title to get in the game at current.. Have honored with the bloodsail now and my next step is to get exalted with all the goblin factions .. Would help if I knew my way around Dire Maul North.. Joined just after TBC release so never really got in there.. Anyone else have/going for it? Have 11 titles at current.. Had been getting bored and Just gathered some up over time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I went a got Hallowed on my druid after already getting on warlock.

I like the hallwoeen event.

Plan to do all the event achievements from now on, on my main.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Onslaught

Only ever had it on my hunter from back in '08 .. but picked it up on my main and druid there this year... I liked it too.. No mount drop for me do ... and was 4 masks off for the achieve also ..

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

I managed to miss the Childrens week event where you bring the dopey orphans into BGs.

Thats the last thing i need for "Its been a long strange trip"

Thinking about doing the Insane title, but for now im not going to bother. Prices on Pristine diamonds alone is offputting....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

This title is going in 3-4 weeks in patch 4.0.3 Due to the reason that 1/2 of the factions you need will be gone from the game.

I would suggest you save your time from doing this as it does take longer then 3 weeks to get this achivement.

unsure of the titles i have but i think it is in the 20+ range at the moment.

good to know. Looks like bloodsail is being removed so might go grind that anyways :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Onslaught

hadn't started regainning rep with the goblins so not gonna bother so .. at most il get them back up to friendly.. but even thats gonna be a horrible grind seeing as its like 35k till im unfriendly with them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Just need one ach on the winter veil event for merry maker and i get my violet proto drake:).

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Kyri

I was going to go for the insane title to but then realised I was half way through honored with all the goblin races and not wanting to spend all my mula on the card decks thought I'd just rep grind to exalted anyways to get the exalted title.

If your not sure about dire maul its easy

Pre going to Dire maul - Make sure you have i think its 8 rugged leather, 4 bolts of runecloth and rune thread. Make sure you have a tone of each to stop ya having to heart and get more mid way. If your an engineer make sure you got jeeves to make your life easier and post bots. If not the shopping mammoth is soo handy for here as you can make a bundle from greys etc, also on kilrogg atm the old school enchant mats are quite dear so if you are an enchanter your in the money from the million of these runs you'l be doing lol.

1 - Get the key from Pulsin in the East wing first .
    The lil imp will chat to you when you enter if you click him then you need to chase him. When you get to the last area he runs to he becomes a mini boss you one shot then you get a key and a free cooking pattern for tubers i think.

2 - Once you got the key you go into the north wing and your grind starts. Kill each of the bosses as they upp'ed the chance they drop the shackle key you'l need to free the goblin which gives the most rep.
    if your not so lucky with the bosses dropping the key then unfortunately you'l need to munch lotsa ogres which is very easy though time consuming however as you can only enter 5/6 instances an hour I didnt mind the grinding to ease up on down time.

3 - Once you get the key you need the one for the door to the imp which is located in the middle of the raised area in front of the foor. There is a few colums in the centre that a lil box sits under.

4 - Once you have the key open the door & waddle down to the room full of bugs. If you cant be assed to kill you can just hug the wall around them. Make sure you dont talk to the imp yet and head towards the left around to another ramp that will take you to a middle floor where you will find a tanin needed to make the ogre suit. Its a lil bundle/basket on the floor along the back wall behind a group of ogres & minions.

5 - Once you've nabbed it go back down chat to the imp ask him to make the suit first, then click "so i found this key" chat to him again after he replies then select free knot and your done.

Make sure you loot the box he leaves as a reward as it usually has an extra tannin and mats needed to make the suit along with some patterns. The BOE ones can sell up to 150 still so dont leave them. The bop ones sell for 1 or 2 gold.

Rinse repeat ALOT & Your done. (325 rep for non humans a run)

The Shen'dralar are also in Dire maul. You can get to them by going down the first ramp as you enter DM North and opening the door to your left. Follow the corridor round to get to them however i think they only offer 1 or two low level quests.

You need to use create librams (88 or 77 if your human) etc to gain rep with them which imo is a giant waste of effort as you can only have one of each libram at a time. The librams sell for up to 500g on my server also and have a very low drop rate in all the level 50-60 & mobs afaik. You will pick up about 15 while your grinding but tbh i prefered the cash in my pocket :)

To gain rep with Darkmoon Faire you need to make inscriptionists rich & grind like a w*ore - to get to half way throu friendly u need to do the repeatable quests then turn in decks. From where you cant grind any more you need 1460 decks to get to exalted, the old school decks level 60 will get you 350 rep thou so keep an eye.

Ravenholdt is great fun to - You need to kill tones of syndicate till you get to revered (they give 5 rep a kill) then to get from revered to exalted you need 1400 heavy junkboxes which you need to pickpocket from humaniods level 50-60.

Wish you the best of luck hun Im a patient women but tbh i just dont enough to do this myself lol.

I was going to do it as well, but didnt bother when i realised loads were being removed from cataclysm.

How long was the DM run taking? I was contemplating getting Exalted with CteamWheedle (Revered in all 4 atm, thank you Loremaster). However i read that if you just farm pirates outside Ratchet or in Tanaris, you gain as much XP without having to run in and out. (And if you do it with a mate, you can take turns with follow)

I was doing the killing at the start to but i didnt know anyone wanting the same - didnt realise that I could it in DM till i was revered with 1. Im a loremaster to so that helped huge. It was a friend who told me about the DM runs which made me feel rather stupido.

The DM Runs only took me about 10 mins each and tbh i was killing alot extra as im trying to get the loot so much gold achieve finsihed to. When i knew I was on my 2nd last run before having to wait i'd kill everything for cash then do the same on my last then run back to feathermoon to post and the stuff i could flog off to my bank and come back for another few.

As i was soo close to exalted anyways i just felt this wasnt as much of a grind as killing the lil guys. I did also make about 6-7k gold from enchant mats, cloth, got lucky with some pristine black diamonds, librams, blues, 1 vanilla epic weapon and a few epic patterns etc.

The lil priates only give 2-5 rep for the lot - however if your say grinding the ones at ratchet you might be getting 5 rep for everlook but only 2 for the others. So DM worked out alot quicker as it gives you the 325 rep for all the factions at once which saves you having to change locations.

Think im going to try ravenholdt befor the expansion comes out as something that should bump me to 45 exalted reps which il help when the next cap on that achieve comes in.

• Advertisement

Kyri wrote: »
    The DM Runs only took me about 10 mins each and tbh i was killing alot extra as im trying to get the loot so much gold achieve finsihed to. When <snip>

Hmm might go give this a blast later then.
    Think im going to try ravenholdt befor the expansion comes out as something that should bump me to 45 exalted reps which il help when the next cap on that achieve comes in.

im at 31, so the 4 goblin factions will drive me to 34, and im a few K off Brood, Ashtongue, Ogrila, Scale, Thrallamar, The Sha'tar and Keepers . Which will bring me to 41. Will have to find some others to do :P

• Registered Users Posts: 82,034 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

*cough*

The Shendralar rep will no longer be a requirement of Insnae in the Membrane, as of The Shattering.

Exalted with Shendralar, if you have it, will be its own feat of strength.

Insane in the membrane will be attainable into Cataclysm.
    Blue wrote:
    It's a question you've been asking us for a little while now. And, based on all the posts, emails, petitions, and letters we received following the announcement that the Insane in the Membrane achievement would no longer be in available in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, we started to wonder if maybe we had gone a bit loco.

So, we went back to the drawing board. After carefully reviewing all the feedback and discussing the matter amongst ourselves, we're now happy to report that we will be making the following changes to the Feat of Strength:

• Exalted reputation with Shen'dralar will no longer be required. As this is the only reputation that will be unobtainable in Cataclysm, we've simply decided to remove it as a requirement.

For those who already earned Exalted reputation with this faction, don't worry -- we haven't forgotten about your accomplishments. In a future patch, we'll be adding in a separate Feat of Strength to recognize your deep love of Dire Maul.

• Bloodsail Buccaneer faction reputation will remain in-game. Also, to ensure that this change does not negatively affect Cataclysm quest progression in Stranglethorn Vale, Booty Bay Bruisers will now provide reputation up through Exalted.

This will ensure that players will still be able to attain Insane in the Membrane and "The Insane" title in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Please note, however, that these changes will not take effect until The Shattering in patch 4.0.3a -- excluding the separate "Exalted with Shen'dralar" feat, which will be introduced in a future, but currently-undetermined patch.

And, of course, those who are already Insane in the Membrane will retain their title and current Feat of Strength. Shine on, you crazy diamonds.

Ah nice one didnt see that blue /hugs

Might go for it after all then they where the ones that turned me off the hole thing really :)

Crap thou im already exalted with the goblin cities ah tits lol.

Ah nice one didnt see that blue /hugs

Might go for it after all then they where the ones that turned me off the hole thing really :)

Crap thou im already exalted with the goblin cities ah tits lol.

Does it not work if you have do them exalted, then drop them for the Bloodsails?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

yeah it does you just need to have them exalted at some point not at the same time

Thank **** for that. On average 3k into revered atm, but have no Bloodsail done :D

Advertisement