Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mages...A joke

Options
  • 02-11-2010 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

Are Blizz having a laugh? 3 buttons to bash and they have killed anything in a bg.. unreal ...

Kinda makes me want roll one ha .. Surely this will be nerfed come cata?

Usually id put up a decent fight against any class but these guys.. They now have you dead within seconds.. All well for the mages :P but us.. we just gotta take the blows and try not to QQ too much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Wouldnt say a joke, mages do indeed have some high burst, but can be easily CC'd and are prety squishy.

In BG's they are one of the easiest classes to pick off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

did they remove spell reflect ? anti magic shield ?. i dont play a mage but as blizz said they dont care about how your bg time is going now cause it will all change in a few weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Onslaught

Few videos floating about... Mages are binding spells to just 3 keys... 1,2,WIN .. you;re a gonner :/ I guess it all depends on you're gear and class of course... Im a big heavy tauren warrior running about the Bg's .. In mostly PvE gear I might add... but still.. you see em taking on 3-4 at a time .. Whats a mages weakness? Ive never ot one above level 30?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Onslaught wrote: »
    Few videos floating about... Mages are binding spells to just 3 keys... 1,2,WIN .. you;re a gonner :/ I guess it all depends on you're gear and class of course... Im a big heavy tauren warrior running about the Bg's .. In mostly PvE gear I might add... but still.. you see em taking on 3-4 at a time .. Whats a mages weakness? Ive never ot one above level 30?

Mages always bound spells to 123

I bind every dmg spell to 123, its how i use all my classes.

Mages have alot of burst, and very few spells they actually use, so yeha, its short buttons and big burst, but they are made of paper

True but .. charge in .. freeze you... Break out of it ...Blink .. by that time they have you.. usually once I got in there.. they would be mine .. but as of the new patch they just hit way too hard.. Fair enough every class has its weaknesses.. maybe mages are one of mine... Just find it a bit insane.. they hit hard before.. but now hit even harder :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

True but .. charge in .. freeze you... Break out of it ...Blink .. by that time they have you.. usually once I got in there.. they would be mine .. but as of the new patch they just hit way too hard.. Fair enough every class has its weaknesses.. maybe mages are one of mine... Just find it a bit insane.. they hit hard before.. but now hit even harder :P

Yeah the 4.0 changes to Mages have made level 80 BGs zero fun for both my DK and Hunter :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Venom wrote: »
    Yeah the 4.0 changes to Mages have made level 80 BGs zero fun for both my DK and Hunter :(

Just like the 2.0 changes and the 3.0 changes.

Dont worry, mages will return to being glass pea shooters in 6 weeks or so.

its amusing that the op has a druid and war and is complaining about mages, considering we're food for those 2 classes normally.

Can take them down quite fast on the druid... but dont pvp with him and barely play him anymore... But as for the warrior.. since the patch no matter what CD's trinkets I pop they always have a way out of it.. wouldn't be a prob but they hit so damn hard :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

TheDoc wrote: »
    Mages always bound spells to 123

I bind every dmg spell to 123, its how i use all my classes.

Mages have alot of burst, and very few spells they actually use, so yeha, its short buttons and big burst, but they are made of paper

i use lots :D Different armours , Ward'ing , Spell Stealing, 2 Shields, Mana gems , Evocation , Frost bolt, ice lance , Frost fire bolt, Fire Blast , Counterspells , Blink , Mirror image , Invis , Ice Block , elemental summon , Icy Veins , Cold Snap , Frost nova, Cone of Cold, Blizzard

all used quite commonly in any bg ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

I think the balance is fairly bad atm...
    My rogue was kicking ass prepatch...there was one stage the other day in WSG when me and another rogue were both on a pally with a flag. neither of us did a tap of damage to him.

I can't kill anything since the patch in full relentless some wrathful gear...it's painful. Zero fun. No enjoyment. Maybe the fact that nobody's feeling "all powerful" is the way they Blizz want it.

The lock is so so...keep distance, pick off the targets and hope for the best...

They say that everything is balanced for lvl 85...i expect many sh!tstorms and QQ's on blizz forums over the next few months :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Einstein wrote: »
    i expect many sh!tstorms and QQ's on blizz forums over the next few months :P

There's been nothing but ****storms and QQ's on the blizz forums for 6 years :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Kiith wrote: »
    There's been nothing but ****storms and QQ's on the blizz forums for 6 years :rolleyes:
    Fair point...

I meant more tho.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

The famous 3 button Mage skill, works even faster if you keybind rather than this point n click shizzle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Do you not think that all classes should be dangerous in a Battleground ?

Why are Rogues so hard to kill and Mages so easy to kill ?

I am a Blood-Elf Paladin myself but I think that other classes should be harder to kill and the one's with a killing touch should not be so invincible.

Write I'm sorry ... ha was In ICC last night ... Top 3 dps .. Me (Fury Warrior) A demo warlock and a Arcane Mage ... I was doing just over 10k .. lock was doing 11k and the arcane mage was doing 13k .... he spammed arcane blast for the entire fight... not one other spell was used.. could not stop laughing.. the lock was raging that a class could just spam one button and out dps him.

TheUsual wrote: »
    Do you not think that all classes should be dangerous in a Battleground ?

Why are Rogues so hard to kill and Mages so easy to kill ?

I am a Blood-Elf Paladin myself but I think that other classes should be harder to kill and the one's with a killing touch should not be so invincible.

Since the patch I have found pallys very hard to kill.. always had some trouble as a warrior.. but they are one tough fight... especially lately I seem to be coming up against 2-3 holy pallys at a time :P ... and as for the rogues .. Yeah Ive noticed they aint the best anymore.. Il get sapped... ambused/backstabbed etc... and he will smack away at me while im stunned... but by the time all that wears off ... Im able to just turn around and smack away ... Hope they fix this as I have been on and off a rogue alt because I thought I would get some enjoyment out of them in pvp :P maybe mage is the way to go .

Since the patch I have found pallys very hard to kill.. always had some trouble as a warrior.. but they are one tough fight...

There's a talent called "Blessed Life" deep down the end of the Holy tree which with 2 points in it (100% chance), gives a charge of holy power to the Paladin whenever they take direct damage. What this means is that when the Paladin is hit, it procs holy power which in turn allows them to use Word of Glory, an instant heal.
    I've even run in the BG's recently for a laugh on my Pally in only Ret gear but as Holy spec, although not doing enormous amounts of damage, I was unbeatable unless ganged up on and continually stunlocked while out of cooldowns - it would take 5+ well geared and skilled players to kill me, crazy stuff, rage inducing :D the amount of /spits and so on you get is unbelievable.

My favourite on the Paladin though is running in WinterGrasp as Ret with the instant Hammer of Wrath crits, as Alliance we usually get 5+ stacks of Tenacity so I'd be churning out around 50k+ instant oneshot kills from range on players with full health :p

sounds good :P I have many pallys around the level 70 mark .. both horde and alliance.. and on different accounts (Dont ask rerolled with so many mates and they needed a tank (Mains are druid and warr)) ... Ret seems a bit boring do .. but sure ret @ 80 could be completly different

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, are they going to do anything about Mages before Cata? Was doing a fair bit of PvP today, and **** me they are ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Kiith wrote: »
    So, are they going to do anything about Mages before Cata? Was doing a fair bit of PvP today, and **** me they are ridiculous.

From the sounds of it maybe we should all get Level 80 mages !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

you all should, then we can all complain together when they are average at 85 while warriors run around with the new weapons oneshotting everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭wonderboysam

oo maybe i should make a comeback!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

make a comeback with me wondercoog!

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Baneblade

Write I'm sorry ... ha was In ICC last night ... Top 3 dps .. Me (Fury Warrior) A demo warlock and a Arcane Mage ... I was doing just over 10k .. lock was doing 11k and the arcane mage was doing 13k .... he spammed arcane blast for the entire fight... not one other spell was used.. could not stop laughing.. the lock was raging that a class could just spam one button and out dps him.

the main arcane rotation is spam arcane blast till their mana gets to about 30% then use evocation to get back to near full mana as mastery gives bonus damage based on the amount of mana you have.
    then continue attacking without dropping mana, mainly by hitting missiles when it procs to remove the arcane blast buff.
    then when evocation is almost off cd spam arcane blast again and rinse and repeat

and thats with mage glyphs broken, they only have one prime arcane glyph wait till they fix that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Wow everyone whining about the flavour of the month. Before I left it was druids and DK's that were OP and poor mages were bottom of the pile.

Starting group for ICC 25, need 1 Tank, 1 Healer and 22 Mages.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Feral is more overpowed, pve geared ferals hit 30k on rogues with ravage, 25k on hunters! And thats on people with around 1k resi, people just think mage is more overpowered because no one plays feral since everyone had resto gear and no one had feral gear.

I have feral gear :D (though only pvp stuff) and yeah, it is a tad overpowered. What I'm doing at the moment in BG's on my druid is ravage, rake, rip, run off and laugh while they die from the bleed, I don't even wait around to finish them off, I just let the bleed damage do it. Ravage is hitting around 20k, not bad for an opener and bleeds are ticking for between 3 to 5k, depending on their resilience I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 UberGeneration

i love the mages in latest patch.. especially frost mages with their water elemental and mirror image early on :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Always used to play a frost mage in BGs before cata - haven't tried it yet recently - and it was great fun. Nova, iceshards, death. Frosty the elemental was handy too <3

Advertisement