Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last man standing

Options
  • 01-11-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭

Right lads, involved in a local one, useless at it so im going on yer thoughts. Have to pick 2 teams this week, as theres midweek fixtures coming up. Yer help is appreciated.

Chelsea and Arsenal have been picked already

Saturday, 6 November 2010
    Bolton v Tottenham, 12:45
    Birmingham v West Ham, 15:00
    Blackburn v Wigan, 15:00
    Blackpool v Everton, 15:00
    Fulham v Aston Villa, 15:00
    Man Utd v Wolverhampton, 15:00
    Sunderland v Stoke, 15:00

Sunday, 7 November 2010
    Arsenal v Newcastle, 13:30
    West Brom v Man City, 15:00
    Liverpool v Chelsea, 16:00

........................................................................................................

Tuesday, 9 November 2010
    Stoke v Birmingham, 19:45
    Tottenham v Sunderland, 20:00

Wednesday, 10 November 2010
    Aston Villa v Blackpool, 19:45
    Chelsea v Fulham, 19:45
    Newcastle v Blackburn, 19:45
    West Ham v West Brom, 19:45
    Wigan v Liverpool, 19:45
    Everton v Bolton, 20:00
    Man City v Man Utd, 20:00
    Wolverhampton v Arsenal, 20:00

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I'd go for Blackburn in the first, they're tough as hell to beat at home and Wigan are no great shakes away from the DW. You could play it safer and go for United but the best way to do well in these yokes is take a few risks now and again.

Everton in the second, they're in good form now and I expect they'll kick on and win a good few of their games coming up. Bolton are a good team but The Yak will cause them big trouble as he seems to be coming back to the player he used to be. I reckon Everton will beat them handy enough, probably 2-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭bookie basher

i would pick utd against wolves but if you want to save utd for later on then i would pick blackburn, they have a good record at home against the weaker teams, for the midweek game i would definitely pick spurs, great home record & sunderland are piss poor away from home:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Ive gone with Blackburn in the first, and Spurs in the second. Thanks for the help lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 no panic

I would think you would be fairly safe with those selections. Going with home teams is obviously the best strategy but you won't be able to do that for too long before you run out of good options. I tend to pick the stronger teams for when they are away. If you can stay in the competition for a while, this reduces the chances of having to pick the likes of West Ham when they are away from home. Best of luck.

Good call on Blackburn PyRo.

Spurs now midweek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭jay5296

yeah good choices. You'd have to fancy spurs at home midweek after been beaten by bolton

And Spurs done me over again. Its always Spurs I go out on. Stupid fcuks will thrash Inter and held to a draw by the mighty Sunderland. Go on you spurs!

Sound for the help boys, appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

What do ye reckon for this weekend lads? Down to the last 2 people in ours both of us have the top 3 used (Arsenal, Chelsea, United) In that order!! I'm thinking Newcastle to bounce back...

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Waaaay too risky in my opinion, Fulham are no slouches and I wouldn't be surprised to see them get a point or even all three.

I'd very very strongly fancy West Ham to beat Blackpool at home, the spammers are a class team on their day and I expect they'll be climbing up the table in the not to distant future. They're gelling well of late and Blackpool should struggle to get anything in such a hostile stadium where the fans are like a 12th man. I'd pick West Ham as the safest for the weekend, I have been known to be wrong though. :pac:

Best of luck dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭seklly

Yeah i reconsidered, was close to going for Spurs as well but ended up going for West Ham, they're due a win anyway! Turns out there's 3 of us left, the 3 choices are Man City, Liverpool and West Ham

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

same as that
    i'm laying newcastle at evens
    way too short and fulham have a great
    record at st james

Advertisement