Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Items

Options
  • 01-11-2010 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi
    I saw in a magazine yesterday about wooden racetracks!! My boyfriend is mad into cars and goes to the Nurnburgring (or however its spelled) and was wondering if there was anyone in ireland that this these kind of things!!!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

there's a place in cork city called pinnochios

it's on paul street

they have got some great wooden toys
    even proper Rudolph Steiner toys too or montessori as it's called here

they are bound to have something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭sineadc1984

there's a place in cork city called pinnochios

it's on paul street

they have got some great wooden toys
    even proper Rudolph Steiner toys too or montessori as it's called here

they are bound to have something like that

Oh my god!! Was in Cork last weekend and was looking out for that shop!! I remembered being brought to it when i was little and loved it!! May take another trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭reverenddave

ah that place is worth a trip on its own :D

my wife is originally from germany and when i showed her that shop she was sitting in there for about an hour playing with the toys :D
    and she was 26 at the time :D

i just remembered there is another place on i think it's Princes street next to cork art supplies cant remember the name tho .

Good Luck

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

There's WoodenToys.ie I don't know if they have exactly what you're after but they have lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

where are you located? there's a lovely shop in galway called wooden heart if you're ever out west!
    they have a decent website too

http://www.woodenheart.ie/

I got my fella a day out at rally school ireland a few years back he loved it
    you get to drive different sports cars and it's a fantastic experience
    not cheap but so worth it!

http://www.rallyschoolireland.ie/

my brother has been to that track in germany too and can often be found in Mondello Park
    you can get tickets for a track day (full day approx €500 half day approx €300) where he can drive his own car on the track

http://www.mondello.ie/

I know that's not what you aked but...:o
    Just more ideas if that's what he's into!

• Advertisement

oh while we're on the topic of wooden toys...
    Ennis has some of the most fab little shops that are real gems selling the most beautiful handcrafted wooden gifts

don't know names of any of the shops though!
    just stopped off there on way back from limerick one weekend and was sorry we didn't just go to clare for our weekend instead!

Definately intend on visiting it again for some christmas shopping:)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭annetted

keep an eye on websites like donedeal, gumtree and adverts. there does be a lot of tracks for sale on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Amre17

magentas wrote: »
    oh while we're on the topic of wooden toys...
    Ennis has some of the most fab little shops that are real gems selling the most beautiful handcrafted wooden gifts

don't know names of any of the shops though!
    just stopped off there on way back from limerick one weekend and was sorry we didn't just go to clare for our weekend instead!

Definately intend on visiting it again for some christmas shopping:)

i think the name of the shop you were in is little ones, i love it!! it has nicest bits and pieces and its online which is right handy..did xmas shopping online there last year.. Ennis has some lovely different clothes shops aswell..its a good spot for the shopping.. ;)

Amre17 wrote: »
    i think the name of the shop you were in is little ones, i love it!! it has nicest bits and pieces and its online which is right handy..did xmas shopping online there last year.. Ennis has some lovely different clothes shops aswell..its a good spot for the shopping.. ;)
    yeah there was a few shops that looked lovely but I didn't have enough time to have a proper look.
    some nice boutique clothes shops too with unique pieces

I adore wooden toys though...so much nicer than a big ugly piece of tacky plastic!

Advertisement