Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny things parents do - inspired by Nevore's thread.

Options
  • 01-11-2010 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭

Okay, while reading Nevore's thread about his Dad ironing money and burning it, I got to thinking of the funny things my parents do, such as:

- Dad irons sock "because it's easy", like that's his reason, just because it's easy.
    - Mam created a black bag (plastic) tunnel to put on the washing line, when it rains she just runs out and pulls the bag across the washing, that way she doesn't have to take it all in and put it all out again.

Now for my conclusion; When you go around the 45ish mark you slowly but surely stop giving a f*ck what other people think of the little things, you get to the stage where you're like "I'm just doing it this way, I know that's unusual but tough sh*t if you don't like it."

Personally I'm really looking forward to that level of not-giving-a-sh*t, long way off, but defo looking forward to it :D

Now your turn!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭policarp

curlzy wrote: »
    - Mam created a black bag (plastic) tunnel to put on the washing line, when it rains she just runs out and pulls the bag across the washing, that way she doesn't have to take it all in and put it all out again.

QUOTE]

Your mam is a genius. I was on washing duty yesterday. In out,in out.
    If I had only thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah I agree thats a fecking brilliant Idead!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

funny things parents do?

My parents usually mess up during arguments. for instance....

"Your Mother and I work overtime so we can keep this house running. Everytime you get your paycheck you waste it all, same with food, do you think it grows on trees?!?!"

"Well Yeah! ha"

"Don't be a smartass"

":rolleyes:"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Your mother is a genius!
    Must remember that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Brendog wrote: »
    funny things parents do?

"Your Mother and I work overtime so we can keep this house running. Everytime you get your paycheck you waste it all, same with food, do you think it grows on trees?!?!"

"Well Yeah! ha"

"Don't be a smartass"

haha class.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

*yoink* steals curlzy's mam's idea for patent application...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Brendog wrote: »
    funny things parents do?

"Well Yeah! ha"

"Don't be a smartass"

Now that didn't really happen now, did it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

*yoink* steals curlzy's mam's idea for patent application...

:eek: God damn it!!! I'll have to not tell you about the rest of her inventions now, honestly, she's a genius when it comes to finding quicker, easier ways to do things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

- Mam created a black bag (plastic) tunnel to put on the washing line, when it rains she just runs out and pulls the bag across the washing, that way she doesn't have to take it all in and put it all out again.!

That is a feckin class idea! Your Dad irons his socks but your Mam builds cool inventions, i know which brains id hope i got.:p

anniehoo wrote: »
    That is a feckin class idea! Your Dad irons his socks but your Mam builds cool inventions, i know which brains id hope i got.:p

LOL yeah I know, you'd think my father the airplane mechanic would be the one to come up with inventions but my mam's the one that comes up with stuff like this, she's a genius.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

When you go around the 45ish mark you slowly but surely stop giving a f*ck what other people think of the little things, you get to the stage where you're like "I'm just doing it this way, I know that's unusual but tough sh*t if you don't like it."

Thats a very stupid way of thinking "Oh I could do this an easier way but people might think I'm weird so I'll just try and be normal and fit in by making more work for myself". If something is easier to do and it has the same result then do it, who gives a f*ck what anyone thinks? I don't understand why you have to be older to put binbags over a washing line to stop your clothes getting wet?!

kiad wrote: »
    Thats a very stupid way of thinking "Oh I could do this an easier way but people might think I'm weird so I'll just try and be normal and fit in by making more work for myself". If something is easier to do and it has the same result then do it, who gives a f*ck what anyone thinks? I don't understand why you have to be older to put binbags over a washing line to stop your clothes getting wet?!

Jesus who pissed in your cornflakes? :eek: Firstly I'm not stupid. :mad: Secondly I never said you had to be older to put binbags on your washing line, don't quote my post if you didn't bother reading it first :mad::mad::mad: Someone should have told you that snide people don't come across smart to other people, they come accross as d*ckheads.

Advertisement