Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Row erupts over rival traders outside Limericks popular Milk Market

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Its a market FFS. The more competition the better.
    Does this David O'Mahony have a shop/stall inside? It would be handy to know so I can avoid it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭shawnee

Yes , I heard about this , it appears that the indoor market stalls are paying quite high charges and those on the outside are paying a good bit less. However it would be a pity if the outside market on Ellen st were to close because the bigger the market the more people will attend. ! I hope common sense prevails in this case, the market is the most successful thing that has happened to Limerick City Shopping it would be commercial suicide to interfere with something thats doing really well in the current climate.:rolleyes:

They are paying a premium. For a premium location.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

There giving out about more stalls yet a great food store on Thomas st called The Country Basket has closed down

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

bigpink wrote: »
    There giving out about more stalls yet a great food store on Thomas st called The Country Basket has closed down

I don't follow... how is this linked?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Like the market is booming and then 2 streets away a good shop has closed and there are giving out about stalls outside which were always there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

bigpink wrote: »
    Like the market is booming and then 2 streets away a good shop has closed and there are giving out about stalls outside which were always there

It was either not 'good' enough, too expensive, stocking the wrong merchandise or in a poor location.

- Otherwise it would be open tomorrow at 9am.

I can see why the Marketeers are getting upset to be honest - It can't be nice to have traded away year on year taking the rough with the smooth and surviving through lean times when suddenly The Ruiners of Limerick City Council decide to make their crappy mark......

- Imagine if there were Rogue Traders who were sprinkling muck on supposedly organic vegetables from Tescos and flogging them at a premium? Everyone would be tainted as a consequence.....

Whats the story with the Potato Market these days - Too many Kevlar jackets and Uzis to make for a Saturday morning browse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Jumpy wrote: »
    Does this David O'Mahony have a shop/stall inside? It would be handy to know so I can avoid it.

You need to avoid the whole market. He's the chairman of the Limerick Market Trustees.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Advertisement