Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freagra

Options
  • 01-11-2010 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Freagra
    A new free :) helpline for everyone who uses Irish.

Freagra (the Irish for 'answer') can be accessed via phone, text or e.mail
    and promises a quick response to queries on all aspects of the Irish language.

All you have to do is phone or text this number: 087 7935913
    or e-mail this address: freagra@ling.ie

Go hiontach ar fad! = Great altogether

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Or, the cheaper option of going straight to acmhainn.ie or focal.ie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

Aard wrote: »
    Or, the cheaper option of going straight to acmhainn.ie or focal.ie :)

Its free from what I can gather and provided by acmhainn.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I was talking about the cost of calling/texting. Anything long-winded would be better sent via email; anything short enough to fit in a text can be figured out by the sender himself at probably less effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Wasn't there a service like this setup 2 years ago? Perhaps it's the same one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

dlofnep wrote: »
    Wasn't there a service like this setup 2 years ago? Perhaps it's the same one.

Yeah, it's been around a few years. They've probably just re-launched it after improving it or something. I once send a text question to the original version and got no reply, so I hope the re-launched version is better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement