Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ink Cartridge bombs not from Yemen

Options
  • 01-11-2010 11:38am
    Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭

Suspicious Package to U.S. not from Yemen; Yemenia Air Cargo Director

* Yemen Post Staff
    Mohammed al-Shaibah, Air Cargo Director for Yemenia Airways said to Yemen Post, "No UPS cargo plane left Yemeni lands over the land 48 hours. These accusations are false and baseless."
    He added, "No UPS or DHL cargo packages heading to Chicago through Yemen took place in the last 48 hours as well."

"All packages are checked very carefully in Yemen, and there is no evidence to prove that this package came through Yemen."
    CNN reported the suspicious package, which contained a "manipulated" toner cartridge, tested negative for explosive material, the source said, but it led to heightened inspection of arriving cargo flights in Newark, New Jersey, and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and a UPS truck in New York.

Yemen Post Staff * Source: Yemen Post Newspaper
    http://www.yemenpost.net/Detail123456789.aspx?ID=3&SubID=2705&MainCat=3

Anyone any idea of where they might be from
    ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

yep more boooga boooga to keep the masses scared.
    The very fact they can get away with printing these type of made up stories is worrying.
    Look out for words such as "may have" ,could of been" etc, pure and utter horse sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

wrote:
    Anyone any idea of where they might be from
    ?

Any other sources other than a national paper from Yemen?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

It did strike me as odd, that a package being sent from Yemen, addressed to a American synagogue didn't raise any eyebrows whatsoever. Or how, the security services 'knew about it' but didn't intercept it until it arrived in the US??

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

yekahs wrote: »
    It did strike me as odd, that a package being sent from Yemen, addressed to a American synagogue didn't raise any eyebrows whatsoever. Or how, the security services 'knew about it' but didn't intercept it until it arrived in the US??

Especially when you consider - Jewish groups warned ahead of time

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3976816,00.html

imo a good article from veterans today
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10/31/gordon-duff-bombs-terrorism-and-manure/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Is this story just going to disappear quietly now?

Especially when you consider - Jewish groups warned ahead of time

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3976816,00.html

imo a good article from veterans today
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10/31/gordon-duff-bombs-terrorism-and-manure/

How easy it is to create Muslim Patsies
    Did the FBI cook up a fake bomb plot?

http://mobile.salon.com/politics/war_room/2010/10/28/ahmed_farooque_dc_metro/index.html

Anwar Al-Awlaki invited to lunch at the Pentagon AFTER 911
    Dining with the enemy: Al Qaeda leader linked to 9/11 hijackers 'was invited to the Pentagon for lunch after attacks'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1322397/Al-Qaedas-Anwar-Al-Awlaki-invited-Pentagon-lunch-9-11-attacks.html#ixzz1426uw6dy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Take your pick as your bias leads you:

It's obvious from your post that the Yemeni newspapers and Yemeni Government are in cahoots with one another here Brown Bomber. They may pull the wool over the eyes of the other sheep with their propaganda but not me! The truth is out there and I'll bet the Yemeni Government will do everything they can to sow disinformation about the source of the packages.

It's obvious from your post that the Western newspapers and Western Governments are in cahoots with one another here Brown Bomber. They may pull the wool over the eyes of the other sheep with their propaganda but not me! The truth is out there and I'll bet the Western Governments will do everything they can to sow disinformation about the source of the packages.

An equally serious reply to address some of these comments:
    Suspicious Package to U.S. not from Yemen; Yemenia Air Cargo Director

* Yemen Post Staff
    Mohammed al-Shaibah, Air Cargo Director for Yemenia Airways said to Yemen Post, "No UPS cargo plane left Yemeni lands over the land 48 hours. These accusations are false and baseless."
    He added, "No UPS or DHL cargo packages heading to Chicago through Yemen took place in the last 48 hours as well."

[/COLOR]

Who said the flights from Yemen were destined for Chicago? Nobody did.

The packages were destined for Chicago but the flights went to Doha and then Dubai. The flight would have been Dubai to Chicago, not Yemen. Interesting Word Play from the Yemeni authorities there. Suspicious!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oct/31/cargo-bombs-plot-us-saudi-extremist

Qatar Airways said the bomb discovered in Dubai on its way to Chicago with FedEx had been put on a passenger flight from Yemen's capital, Sana'a, to Doha in Qatar before being transferred to another plane to Dubai.

Also, the Guardian say that the US blame a Saudi. We'll never know the full truth but I'd say there's some truth in what we are hearing so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

It's an interesting story. Seemingly it was Saudi intelligence that got the tip-off.

While you can't rule out that some Western intelligence agency was involved in some way, you also can't rule out that it was some Yemeni extremists as advertised. There appears to be an assumption by some around there that Muslim extremists don't exist when they clearly do.

• Advertisement

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Take your pick as your bias leads you:

It's obvious from your post that the Yemeni newspapers and Yemeni Government are in cahoots with one another here Brown Bomber. They may pull the wool over the eyes of the other sheep with their propaganda but not me! The truth is out there and I'll bet the Yemeni Government will do everything they can to sow disinformation about the source of the packages.

It's obvious from your post that the Western newspapers and Western Governments are in cahoots with one another here Brown Bomber. They may pull the wool over the eyes of the other sheep with their propaganda but not me! The truth is out there and I'll bet the Western Governments will do everything they can to sow disinformation about the source of the packages.

No need to take the piss is there? I posted a CT in a CT forum.

Neither are obvious from my posts actually.

No need to take the piss is there? I posted a CT in a CT forum.

Neither are obvious from my posts actually.

I wasn't trying to take the piss I'm highlighting that there will always be two schools of thought and that both will say the same things when the truth may be closer to a middle-ground.

I don't believe half of what I hear from our media or Governments but I do believe that there are Muslim extremists out there and I do believe that this actually happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mysons

I worked for UPS and belive me no pkg from Yemen with US destinations would have ended up on any aircraft without it been opened first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 theworkingman

at 1035pm President auto que reader Obama first heard of this
    http://www.infowars.com/did-obama-order-british-authorities-to-find-non-existent-ink-bomb/
    and im sure we will se more of these terror alerts in the future,im mean false terror elerts.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 theworkingman

wouldnt believe anything i didnt check the source for myself and not through the mainstream media and certainly not RTE or the BBC. and i certainly dont believe a guy in a cave is responsible for the 8million or so dead people since the world trade centre conspiracy:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

wouldnt believe anything i didnt check the source for myself and not through the mainstream media and certainly not RTE or the BBC. and i certainly dont believe a guy in a cave is responsible for the 8million or so dead people since the world trade centre conspiracy:eek:

We've got pretty much the same intelligence since our ancestors actually lived in caves. Do you need to live in a house to be smart and ruthless?
    8 million dead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

mysons wrote: »
    I worked for UPS and belive me no pkg from Yemen with US destinations would have ended up on any aircraft without it been opened first.
    If they opened them they would have found ink cartridges. Which would have been odd, but not necessarily blocked.

What raises a question to me is the fact they were addressed to synagogues. They were intended to explode in flight. A package addressed to an american synagogue from yemen would be immediately and obviously suspicious. [According to wikipedia there are about 400 Jews in Yemen, of a population of over 23 million.] If you were trying to sneak something through the post, you would make the package as mundane and innocuous looking as you could.

They're clever enough to make sophisticated concealed explosives. They're stupid enough to post them in the most blatantly suspicious way imaginable. Something doesn't add up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

maybe they wanted them to be found before they caused loss of life....

publicity is sometimes more powerfull than actual loss of life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

O leary warns of ludicrous-security measures. I guess Michael O Leary sees through all this as another BS excuse to beef up survey lance and security in the industry.

It won't be long before every single item will be RFID tagged and linked up to your embedded passport / ID card before it will be allowed on any flight or international courier service .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1325439/CARGO-PLANE-BOMB-PLOT-Michael-OLeary-attacks-ludicrous-security-measures.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

The whole thing reeks. "Oh look a large package from Yemen destination address a jewish place of worship in America".....and nobody opens it.:rolleyes: Set up of the highest order that the masses eat up like robots.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Right, So some Saudis sent a suspect package from Yemen, If I was in Quatar or the UAE I'd be brickin meself for fear of Reprisals

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

r3nu4l wrote: »
    An equally serious reply to address some of these comments:

Who said the flights from Yemen were destined for Chicago? Nobody did. He didn't either? Or am I missing something. He said there was no UPS departure, and no packages adressed to Chicago from either carrier. Everything he says there makes sense to me, anyway.

The packages were destined for Chicago but the flights went to Doha and then Dubai. The flight would have been Dubai to Chicago, not Yemen. Interesting Word Play from the Yemeni authorities there. Suspicious!!!

Also, the Guardian say that the US blame a Saudi. We'll never know the full truth but I'd say there's some truth in what we are hearing so far.

What I'd like to know now, is if UPS have X-Ray facilities in Yemen.

whiterebel wrote: »
    What I'd like to know now, is if UPS have X-Ray facilities in Yemen.[/QUOTE

X-Ray facilities and internal security.

And now we know why.

President Obomber wants to kill people with his own CIA Death squads.
    WASHINGTON—The foiled mail bombing plot by suspected al Qaeda militants in Yemen has added urgency to an Obama administration review of expanded military options that include putting elite U.S. hunter-killer teams that operate secretly in the country under Central Intelligence Agency authority.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704477904575586634028056268.html?mod=WSJ_World_LeadStory

If people can't see through this...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

And now we know why.

President Obomber wants to kill people with his own CIA Death squads.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704477904575586634028056268.html?mod=WSJ_World_LeadStory

If people can't see through this...
    Or maybe it was militants as the information thus far points to? You'd swear they have neither the will nor the ability to carry out these attempted attacks. For example, was this another Government plot?

Regarding the points in the article, there are already Special Ops teams in Yemen operating under both Presidential and Congressional oversight. These are carried out with the permission of the Yemeni government so the only advantage of the CIA being behind this plot would be they would be able to expand operations without the explicit permission of Yemeni government.

The question you have to ask yourself is, do you think the CIA would go to these lengths to give themselves this ability when, let's face it, drone attacks aside they could do it anyway. Or do you think this was just another failed attack of some sort?

gizmo wrote: »
    Or maybe it was militants as the information thus far points to? You'd swear they have neither the will nor the ability to carry out these attempted attacks. For example, was this another Government plot?

Regarding the points in the article, there are already Special Ops teams in Yemen operating under both Presidential and Congressional oversight. These are carried out with the permission of the Yemeni government so the only advantage of the CIA being behind this plot would be they would be able to expand operations without the explicit permission of Yemeni government.

The question you have to ask yourself is, do you think the CIA would go to these lengths to give themselves this ability when, let's face it, drone attacks aside they could do it anyway. Or do you think this was just another failed attack of some sort?
    Yeah they can kill with impunity and protect the facists business interests in the region.

Truth be told I have no real idea what happened, mysons seems to really know what he is talking about here though.

I'm just putting forward an alternative theory.

Yeah they can kill with impunity and protect the facists business interests in the region.

Truth be told I have no real idea what happened, mysons seems to really know what he is talking about here though.

I'm just putting forward an alternative theory.
    Well I have no doubt they'll jump on this incident as a reason to increase their presence and/or effectiveness up in the region, my doubt is whether they did it or not.

In terms of business interests, the only valid ones I can see are the US training grounds for the Yemeni military which would be put under risk if the US increased their presence in the region. Oil wise, their reserves are minuscule and are due to run out in the next decade so again, not really a valid reason to go in there.

On the 3rd of this month a UPS 747-400 freighter, en route to Germany from Dubai airport crashed there, killing both pilots.
    UPS planes do not fly direct from Dubai to the US they fly into COLOGNE GERMANY !!!!!!!!and belive it or not they fly from the US into COLOGNE GERMANY and then onto Dubai.

On the 3rd of this month a UPS 747-400 freighter, en route to Germany from Dubai airport crashed there, killing both pilots.
    UPS planes do not fly direct from Dubai to the US they fly into COLOGNE GERMANY !!!!!!!!and belive it or not they fly from the US into COLOGNE GERMANY and then onto Dubai.
    Did anyone say the flight was direct to Chicago from Dubai? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭TMoreno

According to the BBC webstsite
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11671377
    Device 1 intercepted at East Midlands Airport in the UK. It was posted via UPS in Yemen and is believed to have been flown via Dubai and Cologne

However according the UPS website, UPS does not fly to Yemen.
    Another Mossad false flag operation.:mad:

Advertisement