Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mink Tracks ?

Options
  • 31-10-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Found these tracks along a small burn this morning. They are about 1 inch across - I suspect they may be mink tracks although I can only see 4 toes. Hopefully I am wrong !

Anyone have any other suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭leopardus

Looks like mink to me. With nothing to give an idea of size it's difficult to be sure. If they were about the size of a 2 euro coin then I would say mink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

I think there is a post in the hunting forum with some very good links.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056075992

Useful thread above, about half way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭210

ohhh dear, my photos do look very like the prints in your link trebor - Just a little bit smaller so possibly from a young animal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭trebor28

210 wrote: »
    ohhh dear, my photos do look very like the prints in your link trebor - Just a little bit smaller so possibly from a young animal.

well that really depends on how far away the photo was from.

you would really want to have both photos taken from the exact distance away, or else have some sort of measuring device like a ruler, or anything of a standardized size to compare them with.

• Advertisement
Advertisement