Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Tarmonbarry like to live in?

Options
  • 31-10-2010 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭

I am thinking about buying a holiday home up here. Whats the place like to live. I visit the area a bit and normally stay in Keenans.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

middle of the country so its probably a good base

it'd be quiet enough though. I'd buy up closer to Carrick if I was going to buy a holiday home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    middle of the country so its probably a good base

it'd be quiet enough though. I'd buy up closer to Carrick if I was going to buy a holiday home.

I was thinking about Carrick but its gone shabby looking latley imo. Its all a bit too busy for me. I kinda like a quiet country pub to sit down and relax. I looked at Rooskey but I wasnt impressed. Its very dreary and empty. Lots of nice vacant houses around Tarmon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Depends on what ya are looking for in a holiday home.

Tarmon is nice quiet village. Has a couple of very good restaurants and pubs. Very quiet place but good spot if ya enjoy walking, fishing, boating etc. Very short distance from bigger towns like carrick and longford for a change of scenery and other amenities.

Depends on what ya are looking for in a holiday home.

Tarmon is nice quiet village. Has a couple of very good restaurants and pubs. Very quiet place but good spot if ya enjoy walking, fishing, boating etc. Very short distance from bigger towns like carrick and longford for a change of scenery and other amenities.

Something quiet. I want a base for my business also in that part of the country,so I could kill two birds with one stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Howya Corkie

tarmon' born and bred here so I'm biased, but as a location it's quite good. Good road access via N5 to dublin (about 70 min to Lucan) and the west. Also convenient to places like Athlone, Mullingar, Carrick and even Sligo etc. There are quite a few newcomers to the village area over the last 10 years or so. If you have travelled here you'll be aware of Keenans and Purple Onion restraunts which are both very good-also good fishing on the river and nearby lakes and a few golf clubs (Longford and a nice informal 9 hole just past Scramog ) if thats your thing. Can be quiet during the winter. Probably some properties available around alright-lots down around the Harbour that appear uninhabited so ya might even pick up a bargain

• Advertisement

Howya Corkie

tarmon' born and bred here so I'm biased, but as a location it's quite good. Good road access via N5 to dublin (about 70 min to Lucan) and the west. Also convenient to places like Athlone, Mullingar, Carrick and even Sligo etc. There are quite a few newcomers to the village area over the last 10 years or so. If you have travelled here you'll be aware of Keenans and Purple Onion restraunts which are both very good-also good fishing on the river and nearby lakes and a few golf clubs (Longford and a nice informal 9 hole just past Scramog ) if thats your thing. Can be quiet during the winter. Probably some properties available around alright-lots down around the Harbour that appear uninhabited so ya might even pick up a bargain

Cheers. I have been up there since. Had a good nite in the Shannon bar. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 homedawg_

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Cheers. I have been up there since. Had a good nite in the Shannon bar. :cool:

your welcome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭james098

beautiful place to live was there for about 6 month only moved to be nearer to schools for d kids

Advertisement