Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Withdrawing from William Hill

Options
  • 31-10-2010 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Just tried to withdraw some money from my online William Hill account but they produced some error message saying it was not possible with my card types. I have a laser and a Mastercard registered with them.

What are they playing at?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Mastercard dont allow Gambling proceeds to be transferred onto its cards.

Dont think you can deposit onto a laser card at all, can you? They arent proper international debit cards like Visa, Solo, Switch etc. Just request a cheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

CiaranC wrote: »
    Dont think you can deposit onto a laser card at all, can you? They arent proper international debit cards like Visa, Solo, Switch etc.

I though the same but Victor Chandler and Stan James both defo pay back to laser cards.

I believe you can withdraw cash in store from William Hill and they have some shops in Ireland, so give them a call and ask.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Stay away from william hill, the worst customer service of any bookie i have ever witnessed:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭lb1

Never had a problem withdrawing onto my laser before from any bookie including william hill. Coincidentally I have just won a relatively big sum and suddenly they have an issue with laser. bull

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

lb1 wrote: »
    Never had a problem withdrawing onto my laser before from any bookie including william hill. Coincidentally I have just won a relatively big sum and suddenly they have an issue with laser. bull

An old trick. The balance sits in your account for a few days, and the temptation to bet gets to the punter and he ends up losing the lot.

Don't let this happen to you bud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

As said above Mastercard doesn't allow deposits back to cards but Laser should be fine.
    Ring custoemr service and ask why.
    They'll probably give you the old "we need photo ID or some garbage like that" and they get to keep the funds for another few days.
    Have to say W Hill are terrible, never seen a good offer in a shop or online.

Advertisement