Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you buy this House

Options
  • 31-10-2010 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭

A bizzare story appeared in the indo during the week, talk about invasion of Privacy but reading it got me asking the question? would you buy this house.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/euro45000-price-a-steal-but-wayne-dundons-next-door-2399458.html

My curiosity got the better of me so I went on Google Maps, typed in the address on street view and hey presto came across this charming residence, going up and down the street, i was astonished at the amount of houses on this road that had security systems that would compete with bank branches.

The article mentioned treats to other home owners in the area to sell up or else by thugs such as the aforementioned

So, would you buy this house?

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Would you buy this House 4 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    Not in a Month of Sundays
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Im going to say no.
    Even withstanding the attempts of intimidation, What about other people trying to shoot up the area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I wouldn't live there if you paid me.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It would be interesting to know who the seller is.

HSE or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,935 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Berty wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know who the seller is.

HSE or similar?

lol, I wondered the same thing, I am guessing it was a council house at one time (no i am not being biased), its really fascinating to go onto street view on google maps, it gives you a real sense of the locality, i noticed a few other boarded up houses along the street.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mike kelly

CAB should buy the house, it would make a good base for them

• Advertisement

mike kelly wrote: »
    CAB should buy the house, it would make a good base for them

LOL, might have difficulty seeing through the Hoarding but could save a fortunate with pre installed CCTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dempo1 wrote: »
    LOL, might have difficulty seeing through the Hoarding but could save a fortunate with pre installed CCTV.

periscope.jpg

periscope.jpg

Berty wrote: »

Brilliant!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Remember though it is a steal at €45k:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

buy it, bust a few holes in the walls, pour something flamable in through the holes ?

Gardai should buy it and make it an ERU base !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Think I would pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

I can't remember but what does the shoes hanging off electrical cables symbolise?

Me thinks the attached would offer less of a challenge! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

think it means you can get drugs easily in the area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... what does the shoes hanging off electrical cables symbolise?
    Nothing unless you're a complete eejit who believes all the nonsensical urban myths or the skanger whose white socks are now destroyed. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I can't remember but what does the shoes hanging off electrical cables symbolise?

Some one has cold toes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

re urban myths: we had once a lighter jammed under the letterbox flap and gardai said that someone is thretening one of the occupants of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Me thinks the attached would offer less of a challenge! :D

Is this in EuroDisney?

Is this in EuroDisney?

Would you believe detroit, worked in the states for a few years and we think we have it bad here, never seen anything like the urban decay in some cities in the states, when things get bad there, they really get bad.

Jeez, who's the one that sad yes? Nama?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

it usually mean sombody has been killed on that street.

it usually mean sombody has been killed on that street.

Yes, by a landmine or other large explosive device. The blast launches the hapless victim into the air, blowing him to smithereens, leaving oddly enough, only his shoes left behind as a sombre reminder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

dlofnep wrote: »
    I wouldn't live there if you paid me.
    why doesn't he buy the house ive seen the inside of them and there pretty shabby and small not like he cant afford it

no "normal" person will buy this house, it is way overpriced to begin with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭rubensni

tonyheaney wrote: »
    why doesn't he buy the house ive seen the inside of them and there pretty shabby and small not like he cant afford it

If he has any cop on I doubt the fine upstanding member of the community in question has any assets in his name. The fact is until he could show how he legitimately came across the €45k to buy the house in the first place he'd have awful difficulty holding onto the property as CAB would be terribly interested in how he came across the money. Of course he could always do a Bertie and claim a friend bought the house for him, you know, so he could buy it back off them when he get a few bob together, or whatever. ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭xi

mike kelly wrote: »
    no "normal" person will buy this house, it is way overpriced to begin with

Is that you Mikey :eek:

xi wrote: »
    Is that you Mikey :eek:

it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

rubensni wrote: »
    If he has any cop on I doubt the fine upstanding member of the community in question has any assets in his name. The fact is until he could show how he legitimately came across the €45k to buy the house in the first place he'd have awful difficulty holding onto the property as CAB would be terribly interested in how he came across the money. Of course he could always do a Bertie and claim a friend bought the house for him, you know, so he could buy it back off them when he get a few bob together, or whatever. ;);)
    how is it that this guy is given a F off out of the UK order and told if the cards ever catch him he will go down but ol berty is doing fine and had police protection??? no never mind tink i know

Never mind buy the house, wayne has probably knocked out the adjoining wall and expanded into that house too, just has the outside boarded up!
    Instead of windows, just have 50 inch plasmas on each wall, showing nice outside views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

phill106 wrote: »
    Never mind buy the house, wayne has probably knocked out the adjoining wall and expanded into that house too, just has the outside boarded up!
    Instead of windows, just have 50 inch plasmas on each wall, showing nice outside views.

Though you're joking, I have heard there just might be some truth to this idea actually....... Seriously.

- And then not so seriously......

Exterior View:

house_indo_724523t.jpg

Interior View:

fifty-cents-house-hallway.jpg

Advertisement