Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yelp

Options
  • 31-10-2010 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

Anyone else in Clare use Yelp? I like the site - it just seems to be lacking reviews from actual people who live in Clare. Most of the businesses reviewed have been done by Americans on hols.

Brill site though and it is good to see what others think about various businesses and attractions.

www.yelp.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0302/breaking17.html

Yelping pays off for U2 frontman
    Bono is expected to make an estimated $250 million on his $100 million investment in Yelp, which was made via his private equity group Elevation Partners.

Yelp, a website that lets users review everything from diners to dentists, raised $107.3 million in its initial public offering, pricing the shares above the marketed price range.

The San Francisco-based company sold 7.15 million shares for $15 each, according to a statement yesterday, after offering them for $12 to $14 apiece. The offering values Yelp at $900 million.

Yelp went public today and even since this article was written the price keeps climbing. They are currently worth 1.43 billion and that number is going up as I write this. They are huge in America and after today I'm betting they will be even more popular here sure.

Advertisement