Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAB Cup 2011

Options
  • 31-10-2010 6:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭

New format for 2011 with a bit of a round robin tournament for the first round.

Three teams, one stadium, same day, each team plays each other once over two 20 minute halves.

Eagles are put with Freo and Hawthorn to be played on Sunday, 13 February in the newly named Paterson's Stadium (ugh).

Should get a decent enough crowd and I'll definitely be popping along.

http://www.worldfootynews.com/article.php/20101027230121139

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Ill be there too hopefully. Get the last bit of footy in before i head home.
    Its an interesting way of doing it alright. Should be good fun anyway.

(It'll always be Subi)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,861 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Footy's back!!! :D \o/

It's only the NAB Cup but I'm expecting a good showing from the Eagles today with the Dockers missing plenty and Hawthorn just sending over the kids.

Very little better than heading to Subi for a game :D

Jaysus, terrible performance by the Dockers. Some good individual performances but as a team, jaysus.

Good showing by the Eagles, definatly stepped it up a notch which is good to see.

Collingwood looked very good on the weekend, possibly contenders for 2 in a row? i know its only NAB cup but still.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

if the eagles can just get some sort of momentum going and rack up a few wins and be at least challenging for finals spots, I'd be happy. The transistion period is over really now, and its time for the 2/3 year players to either show what they are worth, or else we are back to square one again.

Had a great time last night, really enjoyed seeing three teams in action, especially with the Eagles coming out on top.

Some of the young lads looked quality with one really obvious highlight -

Chatted with Daniel Kerr and Adam Selwood outside beforehand. Neither were involved but should be good to go in a couple of weeks.

Here's a few snaps -

169038_10150410502255347_672575346_17522000_5077509_n.jpg

182978_10150410502185347_672575346_17521999_3965548_n.jpg

180078_10150410504090347_672575346_17522040_6848041_n.jpg

• Advertisement

yeah i got Lewis Broome on my dreamteam on the back of that performance. Although it pained me to put an eagle on there :p
    Do ye think he'll get a lot of gametime this year? The guy is a bullet

Tbh I don't think he'll get much game time if any. Sure he hasn't even played a WAFL game yet. I'd go with Gerrick Weedon instead or Ryan Neates if you want a small lively Eagles forward.

It's a pity Ashton Hams hasn't been promoted from the rookie squad because he was awesome last season and looked great again the other night.

Tommy Walsh making his debut tonight for St kilda against Brisbane. Will be interesting to see where he plays, and how he goes.

any of ye over in Oz see the game? no mention of walsh inthe reports, but saw he had 7 disposals which isnt bad for these short games.

He had 11 dosposals in total for the two games (7 then 4). Made 1 tackle in total.

Didn't see the games due to time difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭SSK

He played mostly at half back in the first game and full back in the second.

By all acounts he did very well and his use of the ball coming out of defence was excellent. Don't think he played up forward at all, but probably will at some stage in the pre-season. He is definitely on course to play a lot of games this year as Ross Lyon has said that they will be using a lot more of the younger players this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭seipeal1

He did ok. Got good feedback from commentators throughout the game. Will not be his biggest test by any means but a decent start. He should be pleased.

Picked up my tickets for Sunday's 'Coast to Coast Derby' as it's being billed.

Looking forward to seeing the Suns, Karmichael Hunt in particular. No Ablett though :(

Enjoyed the game at the weekend and some of Gold Coast's youngsters look very promising. Hunt is a beast of a man!

Semi final this week but I can't go cause the AFL have scheduled it to clash with the Western Force's first home game of the season which I already have tickets for :rolleyes:

Advertisement