Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anxiety and beliefs

Options
  • 31-10-2010 3:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

When it comes to religion/spirituality is there a any common trend with people who suffer from depersonalization and derealization ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

I think from experience i would say religion or spirituality effects the core of who we are or our SELF,but i know i have left my old strict religion and taken away the anxiety and guilt aswell.It took roughly 8 years lol
    The medial pre frontal cortex i believe is responsible for this self in relation to the world and our perspectives.
    Im not sure what derealization means.
    A warped view of reality? if so i have experienced that to the max.It was a part of me and now isnt.I am a different me now and look back at that other me with wonder.

In short i believe religious beliefs for the most part do have a strong effect on peoples view of themselves,others and reality.The western religions mainly externalising serious problems which causes this view that the Self is not the same as the rest of the world or other religions and causes barriers and prejudices to pop up,which is an extreme warping of our reality in my view.

Advertisement