Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Republican House Seats betting

Options
  • 31-10-2010 2:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭

Republican House Seats ( U.S midterm Election)
    Ladbrokes:
    Under 200 33/1
    200-209 20/1
    210-219 10/1
    220-229 4/1
    230-239 2/1
    240-249 3/1
    250-259 6/1
    260 or over 10/1

Ive found in the past i have a real nack when it comes to political betting, where there is great value to be had sometimes.
    Now on Tuesday the midtem elections in the states happen and i will be having a bet on the above market, having studied many polls i feel there s going to be a big swing to the republicans in the house and im now very confident that they will secure 240-249 seats at 3/1, i think this is a good value bet and intend on going large on it.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Yes Yes Yes, the republicans are projected to win 242 seats, there on 239 at the moment with 12 seats left up for grabs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Good man yourself....

How much did they let you have on!!?

Usually these specials have tiny maximums..

turbobaby wrote: »
    Good man yourself....

How much did they let you have on!!?

Usually these specials have tiny maximums..

Yeah they only let me bet 76 Eur on the net but i went to the shop and they had to ring up, i was allowed 500 Eur, then my friend and sister put another 500 Eur on for me.
    There is great value to be had on these bets, i have never lost a political bet yet, all the major polls were predicting 242-244 republican seats, so you could imagine my delight at 3/1, i would of had it at 6/4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭turbobaby

Yeah they only let me bet 76 Eur on the net but i went to the shop and they had to ring up, i was allowed 500 Eur, then my friend and sister put another 500 Eur on for me.
    There is great value to be had on these bets, i have never lost a political bet yet, all the major polls were predicting 242-244 republican seats, so you could imagine my delight at 3/1, i would of had it at 6/4.

Indeed! ... the polls in the US by the networks are usually spot on too.

A nice win for the punter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭thenutflush

Jaysus that was some betting opportunity ya spotted! Tis looking good :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, avent got paid out yet as the figure is still 239 with 9 yet to be called because of postal votes, might have to wait until Monday but its kool as the reps are well ahead in 3 out of the 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭oconnon9

They got 239 seats or is it finished yet?

oconnon9 wrote: »
    They got 239 seats or is it finished yet?

9 seats still to be decided, the republicans will get 4/9 but it could take weeks as some want a recount etc,once it hits 240 i should get paid out.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭oconnon9

ah rite, fair play lad. Smashing bet, your up a few quid for xmas!

Advertisement