Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time getting a tattoo?

Options
  • 31-10-2010 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey, I want to get a tattoo but I know nothing about tattoos or where's the best place to get them. I live in Galway but I would go to Dublin or somewhere else to get it done if necessary. I want to get a single word tattooed in black on my upper arm (or possibly my shoulder, I'm still deciding). What are important things to look out for? How much (roughly) will it cost? Who are the good tattoo artists, where are the best places to go? Thanks guys. :-)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Sean Ricketts in Custom Tattoo is your only man. Very good attention to detail. I've got some fairly intricate work done by him but a friend also got loads of writing, phrase from songs & stuff, about 4 seperate pieces, done by him as well. & you wont have to travel.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Galway-Ireland/INKFINGERS-CUSTOM-TATTOO-STUDIO/269342804618

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Sean Ricketts in Custom Tattoo is your only man. Very good attention to detail. I've got some fairly intricate work done by him but a friend also got loads of writing, phrase from songs & stuff, about 4 seperate pieces, done by him as well. & you wont have to travel.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Galway-Ireland/INKFINGERS-CUSTOM-TATTOO-STUDIO/269342804618

+1 for Sean. Amazing artist.

Dunno what it will cost, all depends on size and detail. Call in and you'll get a quote, they're very friendly in there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭PanchoVilla

+1 for Sean, he's my cousin-in-law. :D Really nice guy and he's very passionate about what he does. Tell him Marcus sent you and that I said hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Either Victor or Custom. The amount of utter drivel I have seen come out of some of the other places is staggering. I won't blanket them all with that statement, but suffice to say I've decided that in future when I'm staying to get work done in Galway that I wouldn't risk anywhere but those two places (though I prefer Victor, but that's not a reflection on Custom in any way)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 AFCNZ

I've always wanted a tattoo like cesc fabregas... and also a beard.

• Advertisement
Advertisement