Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Yoga Poses for ---

Options
  • 30-10-2010 1:40pm

Thought this might be a good idea for a thread. People do yoga for different reasons; whether it's to gain some definition, strengthens muscles or just relax the mind. So people can ask what the best poses to do these things would be.

For me personally, I would like to add definition to my stomach and also work on my shoulder blades, as I get a lot of discomfort here.

What would the best poses for these be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Thought this might be a good idea for a thread. People do yoga for different reasons; whether it's to gain some definition, strengthens muscles or just relax the mind. So people can ask what the best poses to do these things would be.

For me personally, I would like to add definition to my stomach and also work on my shoulder blades, as I get a lot of discomfort here.

What would the best poses for these be?
    I'd actually recommend a class or two of Pilates. Pilates mostly works on the stomach muscles (but incorporates others) and is great for teaching you better posture.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I'm finding lately that downward facing dog can be great after a long day to stretch out the back. It feels so good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 psych_chick

I find Downward dog and headstand are all good shoulder openers and help strengthen the shoulders by creating space between the shoulder blades.

Advertisement