Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

damaged ProTools CD straight fom the box....solutions?!!

Options
  • 30-10-2010 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Hi
    I recently bought an mbox 2 and ProTools LE software, which arrived yesterday (finally!) all happy with myself and actually looking forward to working on my mixes at home at last, I open the box to discover they had actually glued the CDs to the CD case... I have no luck with anything it would seem. Also, my impatience will be the death of me.

I was on to them today and they assured me they will replace the CDs, but as it could take another week or two, in the meantime I could download the program to use with my hardware to allow me work away while I'm waiting for them to get back to me....I've looked on the website and it seems to be only updates available, I'm new enough at this too so I could easily be overlooking something really simple now. Half wondering though was your man I was talking to maybe just telling me lies to get me off the phone? Quite possible, I do have a right little temper on me...

If anyone has any ideas on what I could do here I'd really appreciate it, aside from that, cheers for the rant :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Neurojazz

Hi
    I recently bought an mbox 2 and ProTools LE software, which arrived yesterday (finally!) all happy with myself and actually looking forward to working on my mixes at home at last, I open the box to discover they had actually glued the CDs to the CD case... I have no luck with anything it would seem. Also, my impatience will be the death of me.

I was on to them today and they assured me they will replace the CDs, but as it could take another week or two, in the meantime I could download the program to use with my hardware to allow me work away while I'm waiting for them to get back to me....I've looked on the website and it seems to be only updates available, I'm new enough at this too so I could easily be overlooking something really simple now. Half wondering though was your man I was talking to maybe just telling me lies to get me off the phone? Quite possible, I do have a right little temper on me...

If anyone has any ideas on what I could do here I'd really appreciate it, aside from that, cheers for the rant :pac:

Ask pro-tools support for an ftp link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Hi

the updates are the full program. just download 8.0.4 (or whatever the latest is) and install.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Obi-Jim

If you register your mbox on the avid website, you should then have a download link for pro tools in your account.

All the codes you need to register it will be in the box and on the manuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭NyquistFreak

Cheers for the reply
    Its Thomann.de I was dealing with, that's why I was thinking your man might have been talking through his hat there about being able to download it altogether. I'm emailing Avid directly now about it to see what's the story :)

Cheers for the reply
    Its Thomann.de I was dealing with, that's why I was thinking your man might have been talking through his hat there about being able to download it altogether. I'm emailing Avid directly now about it to see what's the story :)

ive just told you the story, the guy at thomann was 100% right. log into your avid account and go to downloads. it will be sitting there. if not then you havent registered your product and you need to do that before you can download anything.

• Advertisement

Cheers again for the replies lads, I had actually posted that last reply before obi-Jim and Damaged Trax posts appeared up for me, on to that there now :)

... and the product registration page is down for maintenance. :facepalm: of course. fcek this lads, I'll just record it on my phone. :P

... and the product registration page is down for maintenance. :facepalm: of course. fcek this lads, I'll just record it on my phone. :P

expect an update from avid very soon. the problem is that the new avid product registration process requires special avid hardware to run. only 2500euro.

Advertisement