If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panasonic DVD/Blu-ray HDD Recorders

Options
  • 30-10-2010 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hello John,
    I am in the market for a Blu-ray or DVD HDD recorder with 2 satellite tuners, and have come across two Panasonic models. I am wondering if you could give me some comments on these.

DMR-XS350
    DMR-XS380
    DMR-BS750
    DMR-BS780

The first one seems to have earned good reputations in general, according to several review websites. The second one seems to be a more recent model but not much review or comments on it out there. The last two models seem like Blu-ray equivalents of these DVD HDD recorders.

The main reason I am after these is that they can not only receive Freesat+, but also other FTA and encrypted channels as well as they do all the things you like to do with DVD and Blu-ray discs. The satellite receiver currently I use is quite flakey and intermittently causes sound skips and no joy of fixing it. I am not so deeply enthusiastic about satellite channels but do prefer the freedom to tune into FTA channels rather than predefined sets of channels like Freestat+ or Sky.

Finally, what sort of price could you work out on these items? I read in another thread that your personal preference goes to Panasonic over Sony, I hope that this will add a favourable magic :)

Thank you for your help.

aldente

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.