Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mosley: An Alonso title in 2010 could 'devalue' F1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Do agree with him

Wonder will Max be back to F1 one of these days, in some other sort of role

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Lightening. There is nothing funny about one human being getting beaten up by another !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

He is talking shite. A Ferrari driver winning the championship is always good for F1.
    If Alonso wins by less than 7 points the smartest team will have won and not the moral high grounders.

And if Webber, Vettel, Hamilton wins with a little help from a team mate?

F1 is a team sport and team orders part of that, if it is not then don't run 2 cars per team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

I wonder whether he thought:

1) Kovalainen letting Hamilton past in Germany 2008, ironically at the very same corner, devalued that championship?
    2) Massa letting Kimi win in Brazil 2007 was devaluing the champiosnhip?
    3) Schumacher smashing Hill in 1994 was devaluing the championship?
    4) An arguably massive (possibly illegal?) advantage for Brawn 2009 was devaluing the championship?
    5) Renaults deemed Illegal mass damper devaluing the championship in 2006?
    6) Coulthard and Barichello playing 2nd fiddle during 1998-2005 devaluing the championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I was quite scathing of Ferrari at the time but if Alonso wins the title by less than 7 points it doesn't devalue F1 in any way, it vindicates Ferrari's decision.

Team orders are a part of F1 and as I said after the last race Red Bull now need to favour Mark Webber if they are to maximise their title hopes. If Webber won the title after recieving support from Vettel would his title be any less earned? Of course not. This is Mosley looking to get in the press and I personally find it laughable that he is coming forward against Ferrari now after years of appeasing them.

You would have to ask what Max's "angle" is in this. He is a ferociously political animal and he must be looking to destabilise the Todt administration with comments of this nature.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

You would have to ask what Max's "angle" is in this. He is a ferociously political animal and he must be looking to destabilise the Todt administration with comments of this nature.

Why would he want to destabilize Todt's administration he was one of the main backers for todt to succeed him:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Why would he want to destabilize Todt's administration he was one of the main backers for todt to succeed him:confused:

While he did support Todt's appointment at the time in recent months there has been a seachange with numerous leading lights in F1 questioning the leadership of Todt and the direction that he is taking the sport. Mosley has also come out in recent months and has made numerous statements that, in my view at least, were made to erode Todt's support. There is no reason for Mosley to continue offering his opinion of matters of discipline handed down from the World Motorsport Council, especially months after the event.

If anyone can think of another reason for Mosley to make comments of this nature I'm all ears but knowing his past form I'm sticking with that he has somesort of play planned with his recent comments. The next WMSC meeting is next week and with the support of Bernie, and in all liklihood a lot of his past allies, I wouldn't rule out the timing of these recent statements to coincide with that meeting. I know its far fetched but look at his reign as president and its clear that you cant rule anything out

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

thegoth wrote: »
    Lightening. There is nothing funny about one human being getting beaten up by another !!

Quick! Someone tell the Marx Brothers! Or the Young Ones!

Todt excused himself from the hearing for obvious reasons so the decision wasn't his.

Perhaps the bigger story here is the quality of F1 journalism in where a 63 word quote from another source gets a full page article with at least five large ads.

Advertisement