Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TY Spanish HELP!

Options
  • 29-10-2010 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Have a TY Spanish group this year and I have to say, the big challenge here is motivation!

I don't have a textbook and what I'm doing isn't really going down that well. While I have got some ideas about what I'm going to do next, I was wondering if anyone had any success stories or could recommend any books.

Many Thanks
    p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 bodybuildme

Get them to do a Project make it rewarding, spanish culture or something like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭peanuthead

Get them to do a Project make it rewarding, spanish culture or something like that...

Hey

Thanks a million for the input. I had thought about that alright, but then in a frenzy to try think of something 'captivating' I forgot about that idea.

I think I will continue with that one so. It would certainly be something to show for the year which is important - I want them to look back on TY with the opposite opinion to what I had which was - that was a huge waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 266 ✭✭Ciaramb92

Did they do Spanish for their Junior Cert?

If they did then try and keep their language up, alot of people go into 5th year with poor language skills, forgetting alot of Junior Cert stuff.

If they have never studied Spanish before maybe try and teach basic 'holiday' Spanish. You could then try and take part in a Spanish exchange in April or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

My Spanish teacher had us do a project on ourselfs, with your classmates grading you and counting towards 50% of your total grade. It had to be 3 limits long, with the use of one personal object relating to your project and use of the board/projector was compulsory. The class graded you under 5 categories and an overall category. Timing, Use of Board/projector, presentation skills, Work/effort put in and one other, I can't remember.

Advertisement