Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lady Gaga got her Wedding Cake in Dublin

Options
  • 29-10-2010 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭

A café in Dublin has delivered a highly unusual catering order - a wedding cake for Lady Gaga.

Story Here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

Ha ha, wouldn't be my choice but whatever you're into!! Didn't realise she was getting married...or seen as there's no groom maybe she just wanted a nicely iced cake?!?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭littlejp

think she got married last week or something... who knows with her!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

I would've killed to do that cake, I love Lady Gaga! I did a birthday cake for a female celebrity a few months back, they're so much fun because you can do them so elaborate and unusual.

I don't think she got married, she probably just wanted a wedding style cake for the fun of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Now that's what I call a realistic wedding cake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Cake looks awful. It they couldn't do it properly in the timeframe, they should have refused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

The cake looks exactly the way Lady Gaga wanted it to look. Dont blame the makers for her bad taste.

00112984 wrote: »
    Cake looks awful. It they couldn't do it properly in the timeframe, they should have refused.
    What looks wrong with it exactly?
    For a woman who has worn a dress made of meat what kind of cake would you expect. They made exactly as they were asked and on no notice. Normally you'd get a few weeks notice....

littlejp wrote: »
    What looks wrong with it exactly?

The icing is rolled very unevenly and looks bumpy. The layers of the cake itself looks very flat and I think generally the photo puts me off- the way the cake is sitting next to/on a dirty workbench, the silver item on the left background- not sure what it is but it reminds me of those fly zappers.

I know nothing about the Pepperpot and I hope they get a lot of business out of the exposure but, from my very personal POV, if I was in the market for a cake and I saw that photo, it'd really put me off.

00112984 wrote: »
    The layers of the cake itself looks very flat and I think generally the photo puts me off- the way the cake is sitting next to/on a dirty workbench, the silver item on the left background- not sure what it is but it reminds me of those fly zappers.

Have to agree with you on all of that really (a plain sheet of fabric or paper behind it would have improved the photo no end!), but at the same time if they were only given a few hours notice I could see why it might have been rushed. It'd be a bit of a Catch 22, do you take the opportunity to do a high profile cake and rush to get it done, or do you refuse because it would be rushed and wouldn't look great and lose out on the advertising?

I think the ruched black fabric thing is pretty ugly, but again I can see why if it was a short notice order you'd take short cuts like that. A black filligree type design on the cake would've looked much better and much more extravagant but would take time.

The icing looks perfect to me. It's kinda hard to tell cause it isn't the greatest photo.
    The thing to remember is that all of this was done in a mad rush, wouldn't exactly have time to set up for a proper photo.

• Advertisement

I think the icing looks fine and smooth.

The last thing I do before any order leaves me is photograph it with a plain background, camera, countertop, paper, that's all you need, it takes 5 minutes if even, and if they're making cakes often they must surely have to do this? But maybe they did that but a reporter took the one used or something.

And really, all they did for that cake is cover two tiers in plain white and stick some pre-bought things on it, that could easily be done in a few hours, there's no real detail involved. Like if the girl on it was made out of sugarpaste I could see what would take so long, or like I said if there was a design on the cake, but it was just assembled.

Spadina wrote: »
    And really, all they did for that cake is cover two tiers in plain white and stick some pre-bought things on it, that could easily be done in a few hours, there's no real detail involved. Like if the girl on it was made out of sugarpaste I could see what would take so long, or like I said if there was a design on the cake, but it was just assembled.

Exactly. I can't see anything in that cake that couldn't be recreated by anyone with a trip to M&S (for their iced cake tiers and some red food colouring) and Smyth's (for a Barbie).

Like I said, best of luck to them and I know nothing about them as a company but if they had been someone I was going to approach about doing a wedding cake for me, that photo would definitely put me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Spam link above. Don't click

irish1967 wrote: »
    Spam link above. Don't click

What Spam? It's a link to the RTE website.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

littlejp wrote: »
    What Spam? It's a link to the RTE website.

There was a spam post but it has obviously been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ireland1980

Hopefully she gets her next one here too!:P
    Have a feeling it wont be the last one she buys.

Advertisement