Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutely gobsmacked!!!

Options
  • 29-10-2010 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

Ok Im in shock. I have just been banned from the relationship forum. I told a guy he was very funny and because he was the first person to make me laugh on a wet friday morning I would send him a song to make him laugh. The song I sent him was a funny you tube video called Its hard to be humble. Its one of the oldest Irish songs around-my granny sings it-you could play it to any child it has such innocent lyrics. The person I sent it to never even got a chance to respond I was banned so quickly. Now guys I know forums need rules but banning someone for paying someone a compliment and sending them a song they play in nursing homes-you gotta be kidding me. I dont abuse anyone in my posts. It was funny. Thats what we do in Ireland-have the craic! Here is the terrible song.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWCRBSz1zY4&feature=fvw. ok I just got someone to check the forum for me as I am not allowed to read the posts and there are no complaints from the person I sent the song to! Why in the world would I be banned from the forum for this. I dont get it. Its pure trigger happy. There is no issue here and truthfully I am royally p***ed off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

I would like to post an update to this. The mod has pointed out that youtube links are breaking a forum rule which I can see is correct and I fully accept. However there issues outstanding that we are unable to resolve. 1 The mod is blaming me for deliberately posting to a banned user. I had no idea this guy was banned. He was fully involved in the thread I was responding to making up to 2 or 3 responses. I came straight behind his last post and answered him. It was not until away later down the page that the mod posted a comment in italics informing the group that this guy had been banned which was too late for me. The mod has made a point about the word banned being under his avatar or username but thats not something you stare at when you are typing away. I think its unreasonable to blame the average user for not being aware of the administrative issues on this forum. I still have absolutely no idea of what this guy was banned for. There was no argument on the thread I was posting in so I have no idea what issues I have walked in on and its unreasonable to expect me to. Its nothing to do with me. 2 The mod has accused me of not offering advice to the original poster something which I hotly dispute. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=6656878 These are my reasons which I sent in a pm to the mod. I think I have been treated very unfairly by this moderator except in the youtube issue which I accept.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Hi Herosa,

could I ask for a link or thread title, and some idea of which page the post in question is on?

You can browse a forum you're banned from by logging out.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭herosa

Yes Its in the personal section-the relationship thread and this is the post from yest. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056071761

Advertisement