Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent late bars in Limerick

Options
  • 29-10-2010 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Anyone have any suggestions on some good late bars in the city this weekend?? Preferably avoiding 18 yr olds!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

marxcoo wrote: »
    Anyone have any suggestions on some good late bars in the city this weekend?? Preferably avoiding 18 yr olds!

Three 18 year olds is much more fun than one 54 year old :D

- Flannerys Pub across from the Icon would be my favourite......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Nancys.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

Most of them are rubbish pal.

Nancy's will probably be packed, couldnt swing a cat in there.

I would probably recommend Flannerys too as it's a bit quieter and easier to lamp the wimmin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Dolans if they are still a late bar on Saturdays, Nancies.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Whatever happened to that "supper club" that I read about on here a year or two ago? I think it was above The Bank?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,853 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

iguana wrote: »
    Whatever happened to that "supper club" that I read about on here a year or two ago? I think it was above The Bank?

Well the Bank is closed and up for sale so I'd say it went the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭marxcoo

I would probably recommend Flannerys too as it's a bit quieter and easier to lamp the wimmin.

I won't be lampin the wimmin I'm afraid...

Cheers for the suggestions guys. Leaning towards Dolans at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

There are some 18 year olds who'd rather go to the pub that some crappy club too ya know :p:p

Bakers is always good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I won't be lampin the wimmin I'm afraid...

Cheers for the suggestions guys. Leaning towards Dolans at this stage.

I always thought that to 'Lamp' someone was to hit them :confused:

That or to shine a really bright light in somethings eyes before then shooting them in the head :confused:

- Either way I'm very confused Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

That is true Nancy's was way too packed last Saturday night. You could not move about at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ThumpThat

why would you be swinging a cat in there:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

Dolans or Bakers definitely, nancy's is awful its always packed with pretentious looking posers who just stand around in little groups eyeballing other pretentious posers all night long, I cant stand that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

Gneez wrote: »
    Dolans or Bakers definitely, nancy's is awful its always packed with pretentious looking posers who just stand around in little groups eyeballing other pretentious posers all night long, I cant stand that place.

so it hasn't changed much?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Gneez wrote: »

I Agree about the posers. But it is the best place to meet women. Bakers is hardly a good spot for chating someone up - it is all guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Nancys is fine. I cannot understand why they pack it out so much. It's almost impossible to go for a pee, and an ordeal to get to the bar if you happen to be out in the courtyard. If they only thinned out the crowd a small bit, it would be grand. It's not like they NEED to get the punters packed in, they are doing a good trade all the time.....
    Is Dolans a late bar? Good to know. I'd usually end up in Nancy's if I am out, as I don't go to nightclubs, and you can't go home at 12 o clock!! Costelloe's is ok, but you need to be off your head to go in there....I often noticed if there is a hot woman in there, you have most of the blokes following her around, like a benny hill show....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Where is Bakers?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭The_Dave

keane2097 wrote: »
    Where is Bakers?
    Beside Costello's, near d'Labour

Advertisement