Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anglo Saxons

Options
  • 29-10-2010 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi lads doing an essay on this but the lecturer never gave a reading list. Is there any really tipped ones out there or should i get any few books?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Shatner

Hi lads doing an essay on this but the lecturer never gave a reading list. Is there any really tipped ones out there or should i get any few books?

Google Scholar will show you the books/papers that have the most citations (which are probably the most influential)

http://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=%22anglo-saxons%22&hl=en&btnG=Search&as_sdt=2001&as_sdtp=on

Underneath the name of the paper, it will say "cited by 200" etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭pn7xjrqy6fhta1

Thanks. Change my mind however. Im going to do it on the main characteristics of the roman empire c. AD 100-450, not that I have a clue about any of it.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Two hours before an England Away International in any European city would give you all the information you need on Anglo Saxon culture :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,674 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Culture : surely a mistake there? :)

BTW: re:main characteristics of the roman empire c. AD 100-450, you could try "The Grand Strategy of the Roman Empire" by Edward Luttwark, slightly dated and only goes as far as the 3rd century but I found it very readable.

Advertisement