Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long weekend accomadation in Soll?

Options
  • 29-10-2010 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi All,

Am looking to organise a long weekend in Soll in Feb. but any pension/hotel I've emailed so far has said they do not have a suitable single room or only rent Saturday to Saturday.

I've used several website (tiscal, bergfex, wilderkaiser) with not luck.

Has anyone got any pension/hotel long weekend experience?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

Is it Mid-Term weekend by any chance? This may make it more difficult to find short stay accomidation.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rofno1

Never thought of that!

I'm thinking of 5th to 8th/9h Feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Fattes

ZE GERMANS!!!!!!!!! There are all of either the week before or the week after that long weekend you are looking at. I would be suprised if you could not find anywhere but maybe look at Flachaeu or another smaller town on the ski welt

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭rofno1

Damnit! I've emailed another load of places so surely there has got to be one free room somewhere.

Thanks for the replies Fattes.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Did u try http://www.venere.com/bandb/soell/bandb-denggenhof/

The Denggenhof hostel is a lovely place.The staff that run it(a family) are the nicest people youll meet.The room are large and spacious and very clean.The ski bus stop is outside the hostel.Its a bit up from the town but the owner will drive you into town or u can get teh free bus.

Breakfast was superb-lots of native foods like cheeses and meats and tons of fruit etc.I wouldnt stay anywhere else to be honest.
    They also have TV in teh room for that hour were you crash out after a day on teh slopes b4 hitting the town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Try here, there seems to be plenty available at http://www.skiwelt.at/en/acco/list.asp for your dates in Soll, (click Soell on the website).
    You'll probably find that they're a little more "out of town", its very difficult to get the more popular accomodation providers to commit to a non standard Sat to Sat, especially in February high season.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

www.tiscover.at is always pretty good.

You might have to expand your horizons a little though and maybe try other smaller places round the Ski Welt like Hopfgarten and there are lots of little hamlets on the road from Scheffau to Soll so maybe a place there might be more likely to have some space?

Even if you are a little bit out you can still hop in a taxi for a night out in Soll.

Advertisement