Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midi problems in Pro Tools

Options
  • 28-10-2010 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey Folks,
    Was wondering if anyone has a solution for the following problem -

After recording a keyboard or piano part into Pro Tools 8 LE through a digi 002 on playback the length of the note is shortened and sounds almost staccato.
    Quantizing makes things sound even worse.

I've tried a couple of different virtual instruments, and they all have the same problem.

I read on a forum that turning off midi merge works, but have had no luck.

Any help out there???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Are you triggering Xpand, some other plugin, or using the piano sound on the keyboard? Might help to post the session too, I could take a look at it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

Have you got input quantize turned on? If I'm not mistaken, I think PTLE can be set to quantize your note-offs on the way in.

I can't remember exactly where it is offhand, but I think you can find it under Event > Event Operations > Input Quantize (or something along those lines).

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭SonasRec

I had a similar problem with a midi keyboard that had 2 zones. By default it sent out 2 midi notes for every note i played. The notes seemed to cancel each other out. If you delete a midi note check if there's another underneath it.

It's a long shot but no harm checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 eversun

try clicking 'set to grid' in the note length menu - this allows you to write a note to any length that the pencil tool dictates and the note should play without interruption by the grid lines . It may be that .

Advertisement